Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
you lot really are fucking deluded - " no new frontiers " from a supporter off a team that hasn't won the league in 29 years !

We’ve won eighteen league titles, mate, you can dress up lexical ambiguities all you like. Of course it’d be nice to get the monkey off our backs, but all we can do is wait. We’re in a good place so far, it’s just one game at a time.

I dont think we are ‘desperate’ to win it, as much as you would like that to be the case. Yes it would be great to win it but as pointed out the league takes preference every time.

The difference here is that our owners, as much as your lot hate them and throw insult and insult their way, have changed our club and our footing in world football for the long haul. It is ran now on a similar level to what barca have implemented - a style identified with our club. Regardless of whic manager takes over the style of play and philosophy remains the same. Pep wasnt just brought in to win the CL at all - thats what the media peddle and those outside looking in lap it up.

He was brought in just as much to stamp his identity and style of play on the club, the team and the academy so that when he does move on a manager identified to take the mantle can continue moving us forward.

That’s the difference between us and yourselves - klopp goes liverpool are back to square one

You don't really have any evidence for this though. Will Pep's style continue when he leaves? Will Klopp's? The players that have been brought in at City recently are driven by Pep rather than a sporting director, and your style is associated with Pep right now, not so much for the club in general.

That's not to say that you're wrong, but Pep's style is highly technical and I think that until you are under a new manager, there's simply no way of knowing whether it will be possible.

Certainly the style of football at both Barcelona and Bayern is now quite different from when Pep was in charge.

Exactly the same questions will apply to Klopp and his style.

It’s the only one that counts for top players. As I said earlier, those type will turn down a top club if they’re not in the CL. United are struggling to attract the cream for that very reason. If you play for a team in the CL, you’ve got a half decent chance of a league title anyway, the position of your club dictates that.
I say again, read the article I posted a couple of pages back. The club are desperate to win the CL, it couldn’t be any plainer. You might not be bothered, fair tackle, but don’t pretend that your manager and board aren’t.
How would you know what our club wants? What gives you the right to go on another club's forum and tell its members what their own club likes?

It’s the only one that counts for top players. As I said earlier, those type will turn down a top club if they’re not in the CL. United are struggling to attract the cream for that very reason. If you play for a team in the CL, you’ve got a half decent chance of a league title anyway, the position of your club dictates that.
I say again, read the article I posted a couple of pages back. The club are desperate to win the CL, it couldn’t be any plainer. You might not be bothered, fair tackle, but don’t pretend that your manager and board aren’t.
I'm not sure the club are that desperate to win the CL. Sure it would be a nice addition but given our treatment by uefa it is not I would say the be all and end all. The antipathy you don't understand is again because of how we have been treated by uefa. It seems they don't like new money and ffp was set up to protect the old guard not encourage competition which would in turn drive standards up.

We’ve won eighteen league titles, mate, you can dress up lexical ambiguities all you like. Of course it’d be nice to get the monkey off our backs, but all we can do is wait. We’re in a good place so far, it’s just one game at a time.

The most important thing is that you have never won the premiership there isn't anything unambiguous about that. In the modern day domestically you support a team of also rans.

Actually you will find that most of us couldn't give a fuck regarding the opinions of dippers fans despite being" European royalty" and any other of your self appointed and deluded titles stemming from the fact that you have not proved yourselves to be the best team over a period of 38 games , and therefore not worthy of being the PL champions.

I’ve watched us win everything, mate, at home and abroad. There are no new frontiers for us. I don’t understand your antipathy towards the CL, but football’s all about opinions.
As for your manager, read the article I posted few pages back. That’s pretty clear as to what he thinks of it and how desperate he and your club are to win it. It’s only your fans who aren’t arsed.
Your are Captain Kirk and I claim my £10

You have. But next year will be 30 years since Liverpool last won it. 30 years!!

It seems Liverpool fans have now learnt the hard way not to print title winning t-shirts, celebrate outside Anfield after the end of matches, and swamp social media with pictures of the PL trophy, etc.

Last edited:
It’s fair to say Klopp saved his arse last season by scraping the CL.

If it would have been another trophyless season, while Pep did a clean sweep of the 4 domestic trophies, serious question would have been asked of Klopp.

But all we got from Danny Murphy & Co was... ‘Liverpool are heading in the right direction’, so it would have been a successful season, even without winning the CL.

Really?

You don't really have any evidence for this though. Will Pep's style continue when he leaves? Will Klopp's? The players that have been brought in at City recently are driven by Pep rather than a sporting director, and your style is associated with Pep right now, not so much for the club in general.

That's not to say that you're wrong, but Pep's style is highly technical and I think that until you are under a new manager, there's simply no way of knowing whether it will be possible.

Certainly the style of football at both Barcelona and Bayern is now quite different from when Pep was in charge.

I think the evidence is City won trophies with Pellegrini and Mancini in charge, City have always been astute on the recruitment side of things before Pep. Silva,Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero , Ottamendi and Fernandinho all evidence that City do things right no matter who is in charge on the football administration side of things and this has been maintained for over a decade. Liverpool in that period have never finished above City in the league and before the recent Champions league achievement were less successful than Wigan Athletic in winning trophies over the last decade.

I think we have a better chance than Liverpool when both managers leave. You will have to resort back to your snidey tricks of logging onto our scouting software to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.