Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Even when I specifically state that I am talking about right now? You realise that because a manager has been the best in the world, that doesn't mean other managers cannot now be better than him at this point in time?

Right now Mourinho isn’t in a Job so how can you compare who’s the better manager? Mourinho wouldn’t bottle a 10 point lead though would he? Please discuss.

I give up on this point. It's clear that none of you actually read what I write, just choosing to put your own spin on things. Your forum, your choice I guess, but it must get tiring always trying to think of ways to avoid actually addressing clear points.

Is that ten points or clear points?

Yesterday me and mate drove to Everton. After parking up we met 3 Everton fans, they were great company as we walked to the pub and they made sure we knew they despised Liverpool FC and they way they bring down the good name of the city, they especially referenced the 'we are not English we are scousers' after booing the national anthem. In the pub we met more fans, all were great company, knew their football, there was no hatred re 'oil money' and again, everyone of them hated the dippers for their arrogance, behaviour, everything.
The point being, please remember not all scousers are deluded self entitled wankers, Everton fans proved that yesterday.

I think we’ll need over 95 points again to secure a third successive title.

They are a detestable club but you cannot deny their quality.

I think we’ll need over 95 points again to secure a third successive title.

They are a detestable club but you cannot deny their quality.

I admire the quality of the opposition keepers they've bought, didn't realise keepers could play on loan against their real parent club but the MK and Sheff Utd keepers seem to have done a good job, must have been a rule change over the summer I missed.

If you win champs league without winning your league there should be an asterisk side of your accomplishments and that trothy! You aint not champions.

But we aren't talking about the past record, that's why I said right now. Mourinho was at one point the best manager in the world, but now both Pep and Klopp are better than him. I think Klopps record of improvement at Liverpool speaks for itself, whereas the same cannot be said for the last few years of Mourinho's managemen .
So his winning of the PL title and League Cup in 2014/5 don't count then?

I haven’t said one thing about our squad on here. For the record, I wouldn’t swap any of our front three for yours, I would probably swap most of the midfield bar one or two and I’d definitely have Laporte. But it’s not about that. Different squads doing different things. The two can be compared and contrasted without reaching for black and white. They’re two teams playing some of the best football England has ever seen. It’s not a bad thing, you know.
Your point about playing great football, having watched the Sheffield game you don't. It's hoof it get after that. Just a rich Stoke

Liverpool have definitely gone more direct this season.

Along with the 2 full backs crossing the halfway line and constantly crossing the ball into the 18 yard box.

They are still playing attacking football, but not on the scale of last season, hence the goals from Sala & Co drying up.

I think Klopp has changed Liverpool’s style of play.

Whether that’s on purpose, who knows?

If Liverpool do go on to win the PL title, God forbid, it will be down to their defence and not conceding goals.

However, I think the mental 1st half press that is their trademark, will once again catch up with them like it normally does around December, January, and February, when the winter weather and the annual fixture pile up kicks in.

They’ve got the FIFA World club in Qatar, that bastion of Human rights, slavery, dreadful working conditions, repression, etc, all the things Liverpool fans are now against. Hmmm.

I’m expecting a large banner along the front of the KOP from the Spirit of Shamkley Group condemning FSG and LFC for forcing Klopp and the Liverpool team to go to Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.