Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Liverpool are going to struggle next season to emulate what they did last season because teams are going to play very defensively against them next season, and they don't have the midfield players to open up defences like we do. I think their front 3, Salah, Mane and Firmino will also be affected by the ACON / COPA.

Sorry mate, I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn’t advocating a separate thread. Just stating that it’d be nice to have a serious, sensible footballing discussion about them sometimes, given that they are likely to be our closest challengers again this season.

Apologies. I did misread your post.

All my waffling for nothing. :-/

TBF you do have a point.

Similar-ish. The same was happening on SSC. Posters from different regional cities were always arguing, bickering and falling out. So the 2 guys who own SSC decided to create a ‘City Bashing’ thread on the City Talk forum. All the bickering, point scoring, pettiness, arguing, piss-taking, has to be done in there. All the other threads are exempt from that kind of behaviour. It works. Trust me. :-)

My City vs Your City (official city bashing thread)

(Jan, 1 of the owners of SSC)

First post.

ok, its getting toooooo much. i dont mind you bitching about whether your **** is bigger, your towers are taller, but not at the expense of other stuff. once p+c threads are full of that tripe it ruins things so lets keep it here. people who start city bashing outside this thread will be brigged, no excuses.

2660 pages later and it’s still going on. :-) https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=158872&page=2660

Maybe a general PL club Bashing thread? Just a thought.

I think Liverpool are going to struggle next season to emulate what they did last season because teams are going to play very defensively against them next season, and they don't have the midfield players to open up defences like we do. I think their front 3, Salah, Mane and Firmino will also be affected by the ACON / COPA.

They won't get anywhere near 97 points next season.

Everyone’s history has shades of shame. My great great grandfather probably murdered your great great grandfather cos he was murdering my great great grand uncle who was in the process of murdering your great great grand uncle ...

All clubs are equal. We are no better or worse than any other club.

I wish more fans and officials would realize this and concentrate on people enjoying the games and supporting everyone playing the game - especially the kids.

I've never looked into the origins of LFC before, and it makes interesting reading, especially compared to our humble beginnings.

Essentially, a rich Tory businessman, who owned Anfield, ended up with an empty stadium after falling out with Everton, who moved to Goodison.

After deciding to start his own team, rather than recruit local players, he sent his manager to Scotland, with the brief of "finding a first class player for every position on the pitch".

Despite only playing in the Lancashire League, the wages paid to these new recruits "was not to be lowered", just because the club hadn't been accepted into the Football League.

Once they had bought their way into the First Division, their owner poached Sunderland's manager and made him the highest paid manager in England.

This subsequently led to their first two league title wins in the early 20th century. After their founder died shortly after, his family offered to wipe out the debt owed by the club, the amount of which in todays' money would run into the multi-millions.

Of course, all the above is pure fiction, as Liverpool have never 'bought success', have always spent what they've 'earned' and done things the 'right way'. They could never be considered a 'plastic club' who would go out and buy an entire team of 'foreign mercenaries'.

Thats hilarious if true mate, and the best bit is that they were funded by a rich tory - scousers bleat on about hating tories but that is a great snippet to firs back at them with to get them riled

Everyone’s history has shades of shame. My great great grandfather probably murdered your great great grandfather cos he was murdering my great great grand uncle who was in the process of murdering your great great grand uncle ...

All clubs are equal. We are no better or worse than any other club.

I wish more fans and officials would realize this and concentrate on people enjoying the games and supporting everyone playing the game - especially the kids.
We're exempt. Everyone knows we've no 'istree.

Unfortunately no amount of medical support or medication can help Klopp.

He has been totally brain washed by LFC and their fans.

It’s June. He’s probably still on Holiday.

But..........

“The most important thing for Liverpool fans, when reliving the memories of this season, is to remember it’s the start - not a conclusion," he said .

“Madrid wasn’t the final chapter for us - I think we’re still writing the introduction.

“When we were travelling around Liverpool with the European Cup on that magical Sunday, the words that I heard sung the loudest were: ‘We’re never gonna stop!’

“That’s what this team and club has to live by. We arrived at this point because we were hungry for moments like June 1.”

Unfortunately no amount of medical support or medication can help Klopp.

He has been totally brain washed by LFC and their fans.

It’s June. He’s probably still on Holiday.

But..........

“The most important thing for Liverpool fans, when reliving the memories of this season, is to remember it’s the start - not a conclusion," he said .

“Madrid wasn’t the final chapter for us - I think we’re still writing the introduction.

“When we were travelling around Liverpool with the European Cup on that magical Sunday, the words that I heard sung the loudest were: ‘We’re never gonna stop!’

“That’s what this team and club has to live by. We arrived at this point because we were hungry for moments like June 1.”

Well now. There's a novel approach if ever I heard it. What he's saying is the dippers are going to go into every new season with the deliberate intention of winning each game of football. So that's what the rest of us the entire footballing world have been doing ? You're supposed to try and win the game by putting the ball into your opponents net whilst also trying to stop them putting it into yours? Thanks for that, Siegmund Klopp. Thank you for that pearl of Germanic wisdom.

As long as you've got the quality crosses from their full backs, they'll get goals, however I think your right. Especially because they've now become a bigger scalp, beating the euro champions will spur teams on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.