Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats hilarious if true mate, and the best bit is that they were funded by a rich tory - scousers bleat on about hating tories but that is a great snippet to firs back at them with to get them riled
It's all true mate!

Here's their founder and original sugar daddy, John Houlding. They installed a statue of him outside Anfield last year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Houlding

Here's how they approached Scottish clubs for their best talent, and paid them top wages, despite playing non-League football at the time:
https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3274

And this article references them hiring the highly successful Sunderland manager, Tom Watson, and making him the highest paid manager in England:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Liverpool_F.C._(1892–1959)

Also in that wiki article, there is confirmation of the debt owed to him, written off after he died.

Last edited:
Scouse site saying they expect 28000 ticket for charity shield.

What about the million they are taking to london though

As long as you've got the quality crosses from their full backs, they'll get goals, however I think your right. Especially because they've now become a bigger scalp, beating the euro champions will spur teams on.
They could be missing Salah, and Mane at that start of the season. Season kicks off on the 10th August, but ACON finishes on the 19th July. They'll be fit but will need a break. If Liverpool don't give them time off, it could catch up with them later in the season.

I've never looked into the origins of LFC before, and it makes interesting reading, especially compared to our humble beginnings.

Essentially, a rich Tory businessman, who owned Anfield, ended up with an empty stadium after falling out with Everton, who moved to Goodison.

After deciding to start his own team, rather than recruit local players, he sent his manager to Scotland, with the brief of "finding a first class player for every position on the pitch".

Despite only playing in the Lancashire League, the wages paid to these new recruits "was not to be lowered", just because the club hadn't been accepted into the Football League.

Once they had bought their way into the First Division, their owner poached Sunderland's manager and made him the highest paid manager in England.

This subsequently led to their first two league title wins in the early 20th century. After their founder died shortly after, his family offered to wipe out the debt owed by the club, the amount of which in todays' money would run into the multi-millions.

Of course, all the above is pure fiction, as Liverpool have never 'bought success', have always spent what they've 'earned' and done things the 'right way'. They could never be considered a 'plastic club' who would go out and buy an entire team of 'foreign mercenaries'.

Then came to Moores family
Thats hilarious if true mate, and the best bit is that they were funded by a rich tory - scousers bleat on about hating tories but that is a great snippet to firs back at them with to get them riled

Bit like the Rags first President being a Scouser and their association with Leeds and Yorkshire railway!

They could be missing Salah, and Mane at that start of the season. Season kicks off on the 10th August, but ACON finishes on the 19th July. They'll be fit but will need a break. If Liverpool don't give them time off, it could catch up with them later in the season.

I'd be happy with a several point gap Marvin.

Then came to Moores family

Bit like the Rags first President being a Scouser and their association with Leeds and Yorkshire railway!

the same john moores who was born in that scouse stronghold of eccles ...he supported everton foremost and in 66 when goodison was improved facility wise ( probably the first and last time) he re-housed at his own expense the families affected by it.

Me too. And I have absolutely no intention of ever watching anything to do with Spurs losing (I cannot even bring myself to say the Dippers...well, you know the rest).

The media in this country spent pretty much every single day of last season blowing smoke up their arses. Klipperty, Salad, Vain Dick etc, you couldn't glance at the back pages of a tabloid without seeing one or all of them gurning at you in full colour - mostly the Colgate King himself.
If I so much as put on the radio on a Saturday afternoon I knew full well I'd be greeted by Alan Green, doubled up, performing fellatio on himself whilst occasionally surfacing to scream: "Live from Anfield..." yet again. Likewise Final Score, always some fucking ex-dipper in the studio telling everyone how wonderful it will be seeing Liverpool parading the Prem trophy - except they didn't, did they? Biased Broadcasting Čunts.

We all go again in August, and I'm not expecting anything less than another dipper love-in for the entire season.
Even when the fixture list was released, the BBC put up a picture of them saying who they would face in their first game. Not the PL champions but the runners up!

Reactions: nmc

We are in the same boat with the Argentine and Brazilian players playing in the Copa America plus I imagine Foden will be late back as being with the under 21s. City coped not having a proper preseason with the World Cup happening last year, hopefully the European represented players will be raring to go when they are back.

No chance they miss the start. Klopp will ride them all season long. They are his plan A, B and C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.