Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Liverpool are going to struggle next season to emulate what they did last season because teams are going to play very defensively against them next season, and they don't have the midfield players to open up defences like we do. I think their front 3, Salah, Mane and Firmino will also be affected by the ACON / COPA.
No. I heard strong rumours they are signing Mbappé.
Manchester City is doomed, i'm afraid.

They could be missing Salah, and Mane at that start of the season. Season kicks off on the 10th August, but ACON finishes on the 19th July. They'll be fit but will need a break. If Liverpool don't give them time off, it could catch up with them later in the season.

Exactly.

Just like it did with Kevin during the season just gone.

I think Liverpool are going to struggle next season to emulate what they did last season because teams are going to play very defensively against them next season, and they don't have the midfield players to open up defences like we do. I think their front 3, Salah, Mane and Firmino will also be affected by the ACON / COPA / EBOLA.

EDITED FOR YOU

He did manage quite well against Barcelona, without Firmino and Salah. And Robertson out after the break.
Not really that was just one of those fluke results which came about because of a basic but well executed game plan. Barca who have developed a soft underbelly away from home over the last few seasons were always vulnerable to such tactics which could have been executed by anyone in their squad really. Add to that the winning goal which was insane and it was a night everything fell for them. It summed up what was an extremely lucky season all round for the dippers. I think they will really suffer if they lose one or more key players in particular Mane who I believe is more important than Salah.

Mane:

'I would swap the Champions League with Liverpool for an African Cup win with Senegal,' he said.

'Winning the competition with our country, who have never won, would be amazing. We'd have an extraordinary return home. It's my big dream.

Sacrilege
ACON goes on until the 19th July which means if Senegal and or Egypt get to the latter stages, Liverpool may need to rest Sane and Salah.

Robertson, Mane, VVD, Salah, all managed 35+ games last season. City's highest was laporte (34) then Silva, Sterling, Walker (31 games). I am guessing LFC could do that because they dropped out of the FA and CArrier bag cups. Players stay fresh and are able to be consistent.

Injuries is another thing but if LFC drop out of the lesser cups they will more than likely have players available more of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.