Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
European sides have won it the last 12 times out of 13,despite it being held in every humid hotbox in the world, before Saturday nobody cared who won it, I suspect most fans think the way you think, contrary opinion are just that.
Yep,it's a shoe in for european champions so it's pretty pointless

It's not an anthem. It's a "Jingle"

The champions league isn't significant enough to warrant an anthem.

Also there is nothing cringeworthy about booing the jingle it's an opportunity for Manchester City fans to exercise their right to voice their disdain towards the corruption.

Being bothered that much between a jingle and an anthem is cringeworthy

Being bothered that much between a jingle and an anthem is cringeworthy
I think these things come down to a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that the champions league is rotten to it's core. UEFA, FIFA and the FA are about as trustworthy as our nearest and dearest politicians.

The reason I refuse to collude in the idea that the champions league jingle is an anthem is because that would require me to view it as a valid and honorable campaign.

So I'll stick with jingle if it's all the same with you?

I think these things come down to a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that the champions league is rotten to it's core. UEFA, FIFA and the FA are about as trustworthy as our nearest and dearest politicians.

The reason I refuse to collude in the idea that the champions league jingle is an anthem is because that would require me to view it as a valid and honorable campaign.

So I'll stick with jingle if it's all the same with you?

It's an anthem they even call it an anthem themselves, i'm with you on the collusion part though bud.

As am I.

And your post isn’t really accurate. On Friday night, the poster I quoted claimed that the Club World Cup was on a par with the Asia Trophy.

No way is the Club World Cup on a par with the Asia Trophy, more on a par with the Thomas Cook trophy except liverpool had to play one more match to win.

What’s even more hilarious is that if City had been in this only for money making FIFA tournament (ten million USD to the winners) the media and the BBC would be reporting it had the same significance.

As for the teams who gained entry:
  • Flamengo.
  • Liverpool.
  • Al-Hilal.
  • Espérance de Tunis.
  • Monterrey.
  • Hienghène Sport.
  • Al-Sadd.
Well quite the select bunch, forget what I said about the Thomas Cook trophy, it had better teams.

As you say though, it will go into their history as an official tournament won and appear as such, in reality it has as much significance as to who is the best club team in the world as the Community Shield did, zero.

Now let me get back to seeing which part of the media is kissing liverpool arse the most, BBC and ESPN way out in front, but I need to see what Miguel Delaney is doing to really finish the rim job they are receiving.

European sides have won it the last 12 times out of 13,despite it being held in every humid hotbox in the world, before Saturday nobody cared who won it, I suspect most fans think the way you think, contrary opinion are just that.

Nobody/few in Europe. In South America it's a big deal,and has been for some time.

Micky mouse tournament. Let them have it.
Did you see us yesterday, we played Leicester off the park!! The league table will show the best side in May!

No way is the Club World Cup on a par with the Asia Trophy, more on a par with the Thomas Cook trophy except liverpool had to play one more match to win.

What’s even more hilarious is that if City had been in this only for money making FIFA tournament (ten million USD to the winners) the media and the BBC would be reporting it had the same significance.

As for the teams who gained entry:
  • Flamengo.
  • Liverpool.
  • Al-Hilal.
  • Espérance de Tunis.
  • Monterrey.
  • Hienghène Sport.
  • Al-Sadd.
Well quite the select bunch, forget what I said about the Thomas Cook trophy, it had better teams.

As you say though, it will go into their history as an official tournament won and appear as such, in reality it has as much significance as to who is the best club team in the world as the Community Shield did, zero.

Now let me get back to seeing which part of the media is kissing liverpool arse the most, BBC and ESPN way out in front, but I need to see what Miguel Delaney is doing to really finish the rim job they are receiving.
All that effort to say that the World Club Championship is on a par with a friendly match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.