Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there such a collective media jerkoff over Liverpool's 2018-2020 PL seasons?

Our 2017-2019 seasons were better on basically every meaningful measure (points, goals, goal difference, goals conceded, wins, etc).

Also the scousers get so much praise for "winning ugly" this season but noone seems to mention anymore that we won our last 14!!! In 2019 to beat them to the title (infact we won 18 of our last 19, including beating them). Now that's steely resolve. That hardly got mentioned. The media was too busy crying about how Liverpool got 97 pts and still lost.

I know I shouldn't let the media get to me, I usually don't. I know we are terribly underrepresented and Liverpool are terribly overrepresented but sometimes it just irks me. The bias in the media is so disgustingly obvious.

Last 3 seasons stats:
P114:

MCFC: W90 D9 L15 GF 303 GA 85 GD 218
LiVARpool: W83 D22 L9 GF 258 GA 93 GD 165

That's despite our defence supposedly being "shit" as well as all of the injuries including much of a season without KdB, Laporte,Sane, Merlin when his child was ill and supposedly them having the best defence ever seen and their golden 3some up front with few injuries incurred.

I know which team I'd prefer to watch if I was a neutral. Oh, and we actually challenged for all of the trophies on offer as opposed to effectively ditching some of them.

Last edited:
Why is there such a collective media jerkoff over Liverpool's 2018-2020 PL seasons?

Our 2017-2019 seasons were better on basically every meaningful measure (points, goals, goal difference, goals conceded, wins, etc).

Also the scousers get so much praise for "winning ugly" this season but noone seems to mention anymore that we won our last 14!!! In 2019 to beat them to the title (infact we won 18 of our last 19, including beating them). Now that's steely resolve. That hardly got mentioned. The media was too busy crying about how Liverpool got 97 pts and still lost.

I know I shouldn't let the media get to me, I usually don't. I know we are terribly underrepresented and Liverpool are terribly overrepresented but sometimes it just irks me. The bias in the media is so disgustingly obvious.

It's a slow process, but in Swedish media City is getting more and more praise for their football and less focus on the owner situation and spending. Out of the experts in the two largest newspapers, 13/14 had KDB as player of the year, and all pundits in the PL and CL broadcast see City as the team with the "highest high".

As for Liverpool, media just loves Klopp. It was very similar in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.