Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they'd probably agree with you but ultimately we've fallen short in the CL and it's a stick to beat us with. Whether you're a fan of it or not I think we do need to win it sooner or later similar to that lot winning the league.
But we know that even if we won it twice or even three times on the trot, they'd just find another stick to beat us with.

Theyve won it twice when it was the Champions League and not the Mickey Mouse cup it once was and both times they weren’t Champions of England. League is head and shoulders above any cup competition all day long.
Another good point. Winning the CL is an achievement but had it been the same format as the old European Cup, with only League Champions in it, they wouldn't even have been in the CL to start with.

Which probably means we'll win it this season.

Unless I'm clarkied I assume it's millions spent as in £70.16m.

That’s what you’d think but the numbers are just wrong. Saying we spent £154m last summer? And only recouped £16m? (Presuming that’s what they mean by 2021 unless they have hacked our database again and know what we’re about to spend!!). Our net spend was £40m or so not £140m.

Season before it was 128m / 61m and so on.

Just trying to make sense of the numbers

That’s what you’d think but the numbers are just wrong. Saying we spent £154m last summer? And only recouped £16m? (Presuming that’s what they mean by 2021 unless they have hacked our database again and know what we’re about to spend!!). Our net spend was £40m or so not £140m.

Season before it was 128m / 61m and so on.

Just trying to make sense of the numbers
They just make them up. Don't bother. There's a dipper on 365 today who's listed every single niggle and game missed by one of their players this season and compared it to our last season while writing off most of our injuries as 'oh that was only a few games here and there'. Same thing, they're deluded.

They go on about "winning it 6 times", as though that's the only trophy that means anything. I was thinking about this last night and it's a trophy you can win without winning a single game (at least in 90 minutes).

In the group stage, of the 4 teams, Team A draws every game 0-0, gaining 6 points. Team B wins the other 4 games they play, drawing the two against A, and win the group with 14 points. Teams B & C therefore draw 2 against Team A and lose 2 to Team B, then each wins against the other, giving them both 5 points each. So Team A, without scoring a goal or winning a game, go through to the last 16.

In the knockout stage, they draw 0-0 at home and 1-1 away, winning the tie. They do the same in the QF and SF, meaning they've got to the final without winning a game and scoring just 3 goals. The final is 0-0 after extra time and they win on penalties. 13 games, 13 draws and 3 goals scored. That would get you relegated in the PL. Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted to win it but winning the league is a far harder ask and much more of an accomplishment.
When we won the league and dippers won the chumps cup my scouse mate said their achievement outshone ours then last season when they won the prem all of a sudden he’s saying the prem means more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.