Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
city" data-source="post: 15416325" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
View attachment 59807
Normally I would make fun of this but seeing as fans can twist statistics to fit whatever narrative they choose, then I guess he is just doing what everyone else is doing.

You’d think with their glorious but barely mentioned ‘History’ it would take more than three years, 65 goals and fuck all trophies, to be considered a “legend”

View attachment 59807
Normally I would make fun of this but seeing as fans can twist statistics to fit whatever narrative they choose, then I guess he is just doing what everyone else is doing.
How can three goals in the PL (six in all competitive competitions) be scary numbers? Carragher must be deranged. Even "world-class" Rashford has managed four league goals.

My memory of that terrible day in Heysel is a little bit hazy, so please feel free to add to/correct my recollection.
The march was shown on terrestrial tv, no sky back then.
Before the match started, the fans rioted.
I had no thought that anyone would be killed, the sight of battling fans was not uncommon in those days, nobody had been killed before.
So events progressed and the area near the goal was turned into a place where the 'injured' (who were actually dead) could be attended to.
The commentary team included Mike Ingham who summed up the events.
From my own point of view, I am fairly sure that only one death was confirmed (possibly two).
Heaven knows what was going on behind the scenes!
Because the death toll seemed to be 'only 1 or 2' the match was given the go ahead.
To me, this decision was completely wrong, the match should have been called off.
R.I.P. the 39.

“Smashing up Europe for decades”? I’ve been over 50 aways on the continent since our return from the ban, and never once seen anything “smashed up”. Have a go at us for Heysel by all means (if you think a tragedy is something to score points over) everyone else does, constantly. But don’t make stuff up eh hertsblue.
Don't go to the home matches and watch the other teams bus come in then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.