Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah they don't mind us. Go over there a fair bit, mostly Kusadasi and Ankara but gone to Istanbul a fair bit as well and they're fairly well disposed towards City fans. Basakhser (sp) in Istanbul are quite fond of us too. We wouldn't get any trouble we didn't go looking for. Dippers? Different story.
I worked for 12 month in Ankara, absolutely lovely people the turks.

A beautiful country run by a ****.
oh-yes-yeah.gif

My memory of that terrible day in Heysel is a little bit hazy, so please feel free to add to/correct my recollection.
The march was shown on terrestrial tv, no sky back then.
Before the match started, the fans rioted.
I had no thought that anyone would be killed, the sight of battling fans was not uncommon in those days, nobody had been killed before.
So events progressed and the area near the goal was turned into a place where the 'injured' (who were actually dead) could be attended to.
The commentary team included Mike Ingham who summed up the events.
From my own point of view, I am fairly sure that only one death was confirmed (possibly two).
Heaven knows what was going on behind the scenes!
Because the death toll seemed to be 'only 1 or 2' the match was given the go ahead.
To me, this decision was completely wrong, the match should have been called off.
R.I.P. the 39.

This should never be allowed to be brushed under the carpet by the FA and Premier League, we should have a proper remembrance day, I know it was late May so around Champions League final ? Maybe all Champions League finals should do something to mark it,

I will say that the punishment handed out to Liverpool football club was poor and should have been a lot worst
even the banning of all English clubs from Europe was maybe wrong, because it sort of put the blame on all English clubs and fans and Liverpool fans sort of got away with the blame,

i know if anything like that happened today, the football club would be finished and no coming back from it
also crimes can also be revisited and people can be blamed and punished

For those who wish to re-appraise themelves of Heysel, there is this on Youtube.

RIP and more importantly, JUSTICE FOR THE 39.

Watch it. Listen to Barry Davies. The trouble lasted for 50 minutes.

And when it finished, those cunts cracked on and waved their fucking flags, kept their 'MUNICH' banner up.

Self Righteous, Sanctimonious Hypocrites.

Last edited:
Those fuckers go to Istanbul, they wouldn't want to wear colours. Gala and Fenerbahce really don't like them.
Funnily enough had my hair cut by a Gala fan last week and he said their fans hated Liverpool because of their fans. In fact he said fans of all Turkish clubs hated them and City were popular over there. Still think Istanbul would be dodgy though. That said I went to Innsbruck when we played Besiktas pre-season and their fans were great with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.