Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

And that's the issue. Because it's never mentioned, it's then used as a stick to beat them with by, let's be honest, people who don't really give a shit about the victims of Heysel, they just want to use the tragedy to score points. I get that Hillsborough gets more attention because of the decades of miscarriages of justice and lack of accountability. But Liverpool could nip this 'always the victims' stuff in the bud easily by, for example, making sure that they recognise the victims of Heysel every year in the same way that they do with Hillsborough. Or at the very least, be aware enough to not have a party on the fucking anniversary.

Seeing that video again after all these years, makes you wonder how it was just 39 that died ...
39 were killed that day. R.I.P.
Over 600 injured.
Did any of the 600+ die later on as a result of their injuries?
Hopefully not.
Is there any information?

Heysel was a long time ago now, but the legacy is, and always will be, a stain on that club which can't be removed.

And that's the issue. Because it's never mentioned, it's then used as a stick to beat them with by, let's be honest, people who don't really give a shit about the victims of Heysel, they just want to use the tragedy to score points. I get that Hillsborough gets more attention because of the decades of miscarriages of justice and lack of accountability. But Liverpool could nip this 'always the victims' stuff in the bud easily by, for example, making sure that they recognise the victims of Heysel every year in the same way that they do with Hillsborough. Or at the very least, be aware enough to not have a party on the fucking anniversary.

I don’t think that’s true, it’s not about point scoring but it does make you angry that one is forever talked about & the other your not allowed to talk about.

There's a lot of truth in this. The Bradford fire, for example, rarely gets mentioned because the club keeps its grief dignified and private. The scousers seek to weaponise the moral-immunity they have acquired through Hillsborough to pontificate on anything and everything football. Heysel is referred to by other fans only in direct correlation to their own moral pontification imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.