Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
…….But Liverpool could nip this 'always the victims' stuff in the bud easily by, for example, making sure that they recognise the victims of Heysel every year in the same way that they do with Hillsborough. Or at the very least, be aware enough to not have a party on the fucking anniversary.

Just checked Paddy Power specials and this is in the same category as Queen Elizabeth resurrection = name your own odds, as it’s never happening.

Having watched that I find it beyond my brain power as to why LFC held a cup parade on the anniversary of Heysel.

I just dont get how a club could be so callous, and its completely scousewashed by our press/media. Shameful.

I the most harrowing part was seeing people doing CPR as the dippers were singing 'liverpool liverpool '

Why the Munich flags ?

39 were killed that day. R.I.P.
Over 600 injured.
Did any of the 600+ die later on as a result of their injuries?
Hopefully not.
Is there any information?

Heysel was a long time ago now, but the legacy is, and always will be, a stain on that club which can't be removed.
Interesting question

Tony Evans really is a piece of work.

One of the things that Peter Reid and Neville Southall got right [in the book] is they said that ‘the Heysel ban wasn’t really about football, it was an attack on working-class culture’.

At a time when we were politically, economically and socially under pressure, the thing we had as flag-bearers were the football teams, who were the best in Europe.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.