Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are willing to sell then there is no way they are going/committing for big money signings like Jude. So its us vs Madrid then..

My only concern would be Bezos?

He's taken a hit recently (for someone worth £150bn) but everyone is aware Amazon are making moves on the next TV deal.

Doesn't strike me as a sports fan but when you have that much money...
Chelsea given their location, would have been arguably the most attractive club purchase in English football. Bezos and people of his ilk didn’t come forward then, I don’t expect him or someone like him to come forward now unless they are a Liverpool fan.

I think it’s far more likely that another US consortium pick up the mantle. I think it’s safe to say that whoever comes in will spend cash initially, it’s how they endear themselves to the fanbase. It’s the long-term commitment to spending cash the yanks typically don’t do. I’d expect that’s why FSG are looking to cut and run now.

But, but, but....I thought Liverpool had a £120m deal in place with Jude?

Does it scream to you their owners might not even be committing to £10m right now?
The sales deck/prospectus had already been produced. In current assets they’ve tippexed Erling Haaland out replacing his name with Jude Bellingham (hopefully/almost certainly)

Yep, Cousin went to school with him Newcastle. Mother was a hairdresser, explaining the lovely hair (Sting, not his mum or my cousin).

I lived around the corner from Sting, we lived just over 100 metres from each other. I don't remember him from that time as he was just another person without fame but must have seen him regularly with us living so close to each other.

I lived around the corner from Sting, we lived just over 100 metres from each other. I don't remember him from that time as he was just another person without fame but must have seen him regularly with us living so close to each other.
You remember any Bianchis living around there?

My only concern would be Bezos?

He's taken a hit recently (for someone worth £150bn) but everyone is aware Amazon are making moves on the next TV deal.

Doesn't strike me as a sports fan but when you have that much money...
Wasn't there a governance/monopolies issue back when Sky owned part of Trafford, when they held the rights to the PL? If I've remembered correctly, they had to sell, so Bezos/Amazon couldn't own them, as well as the media rights.

With regard to the timings of this, perhaps it's a combination of:
1. Liverpool might not make CL next year - future loss of revenue in CL
2. Liverpool not looking good for CL & PL - current loss of revenue from both
3. Any debt, which may or may not have to be refinanced in the short-term, will be at eye-watering rates compared to a year ago.
4. Massive investment required for 1st team - to compete and replace all the old men.
5. Ground investment - to be up to scratch/compete with Spurs and the the future Everton etc.
6. Infrastructure investment - to be worth anything longterm
7. Academy investment - to help sustain income growth
8. Women's team investment - to ensure continued participation at top level in one of the fastest growing sports in uk.
9. The Coutinho moneytree has finally ended.
10. World economic uncertainty - eg commercial sponsors wavering/cutting back

Add all those together, and they clearly just want to get out with some value/profit still. Anyone buying, better have deep pockets and a longterm plan - and willing to bet big on a brand that lives in the past, has so much negativity, needs massive investment across the entire spectrum of it all and a fanbase that is feral, vicious, neanderthal and cult-like.

Not looking good.

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.