Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
City and Newc are likely a big consideration for anyone wanting to buy Liverpool. Their fans won’t settle for competing for top 4. To become regular challengers you have to financially compete with City and potentially Newcastle in years to come. That’s a huge financial commitment. It’s clearly putting FSG off and will put plenty others off too. I doubt this is an easy sell for FSG and you could argue that the best scenario is that they can’t find a buyer. Them being forced to stay there and refusing to spend money would be excellent.
Good post that. I guess Liverpool are as valuable as an asset as they are going to be for quite a while once the squad has aged and Klopp has been sectioned, so FSG want to get as much as they can.

City and Newc are likely a big consideration for anyone wanting to buy Liverpool. Their fans won’t settle for competing for top 4. To become regular challengers you have to financially compete with City and potentially Newcastle in years to come. That’s a huge financial commitment. It’s clearly putting FSG off and will put plenty others off too. I doubt this is an easy sell for FSG and you could argue that the best scenario is that they can’t find a buyer. Them being forced to stay there and refusing to spend money would be excellent.
But Milner would get Premier league record appearances

Good post that. I guess Liverpool are as valuable as an asset as they are going to be for quite a while once the squad has aged and Klopp has been sectioned, so FSG want to get as much as they can.
Exactly. FSG were interested because they saw a way to make money. Liverpool need a new owner that either doesn’t give a shit about the money (a state), or who thinks top clubs will be worth £7bn+ in a few years to realise a profit. If it’s the former, their fans will apparently be up in arms at the prospect of being the next ‘oil club’. If it’s the latter, it’s a pretty bold and risky prediction given the current state of the world.

FSG have seen the writing on the wall. Liverpool did not prove to be the cash cow they expected.

The club has limited potential for growth without serious investment - having backed the cheap option to extend an outdated stadium with no scope for development. Their club and fans are disliked to the extent they are finding it hard to attract new interest. Everything about them is ageing, including their history.

It is hard to make a business case to justify a premium price when the competition grows stronger offering more scope and options. Buyers will not want the baggage of Heysel and Hillsborough let alone the fanbase. It could prove a harder sell than FSG anticipate.
Nail on the head. I have no doubt that the driving force behind the original purchase by FSG wasn't some sentimental attachment to the scouse cult but a desire to use them purely as a financial investment a la Glaser family over at the swamp. Having found that it's not quite the cash cow FSG anticipated, they're clearly looking to cash in their chips and move on to the next money-making venture. For all the detractors' claims that the ADUG group are sportswashers simply interested in improving an Arab state's reputation while turning a quick profit, anyone prepared to spend 10 minutes on the internet will discover that the sheikh and his buddys have invested enormous sums of their own money not just in the club but also the area surrounding the stadium for the benefit of the local community. Moreover, none of that investment has been financed by loans which would otherwise saddle the club with crippling debt. But then anyone reading my post will already know this. As we're all too aware, any narrative that runs counter to the sportswashing myth isn't considered newsworthy. Ultimately, do we care? Do we fuck! We know the truth and that's all that matters. May the piss continue to boil.

Last edited:
No Gulf state will touch Liverpool. If you look at the prices City, PSG and Newcastle were bought for we're talking a few hundred million, FSG will be looking for four billion and upwards. Of course if the oil states were in this for sportswashing then yes they'd stump up, but they aren't, so they won't.

If they're sold it'll be to another know nothing Yank looking for a prestigious cash cow.

Why not? They've done it for over 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.