Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to those two Irish chappies who owned a racehorse? Forget it’s name just now. They might be happy to invest.

Pretty sure that would be jelly & ice cream time.
Think the horse was named Rock of Gibraltar and the owners were John Magnier, JP Mcmanus and Baconface, but I could be wrong.

Well, well, well..

Miles behind in the league

First team squad on its last legs

Bingo on the verge of jacking it in

Massive investment required just to stand still

Being left behind by us, Newcastle, Arsenal and if they ever get their arses into gear, the rags, not withstanding Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Brighton

Imploding in front of our very eyes..

Mentality monsters my arse.. when the going gets tough, let's sell up and fcuk off..

This time next year they'll be jostling to stay out of the bottom 3..

From quad squad to damp squib in 18 months..

Oh my fkin sides..!
Poetic - Philip Larkin's got nothing on you!

It doesn’t make any sense how they are publicising they want investment or would consider selling. You look at how City are run, no one had an idea the Chinese or Silverlake were investing until it had been signed off. It just doesn’t smack of something strategic and thought through, more desperation. I wonder if the interest rates going up has spooked them with paying off that stand and general loans for cash flow that they have?

Sorry but this comment makes absolutely zero sense on any level.

Amazon have not agreed any rights deal with Sky. Amazon bought a package from the PL. Sky bought several from the PL.

There is no deal between Sky and Amazon.

Secondly, it’s not up to Sky (or the PL) if Bezos buys Liverpool. It was the department of Trade and Industry that stopped Murdoch buying United.
Don't know what I was doing typing Sky. I meant the premier League.

And by the premier League not necessarily the league itself but all the club's etc can vote on it. As for the government weighing in. No chance, Rishi would be desperate for Bezos to bring more money into the country.

Chelsea given their location, would have been arguably the most attractive club purchase in English football. Bezos and people of his ilk didn’t come forward then, I don’t expect him or someone like him to come forward now unless they are a Liverpool fan.

I think it’s far more likely that another US consortium pick up the mantle. I think it’s safe to say that whoever comes in will spend cash initially, it’s how they endear themselves to the fanbase. It’s the long-term commitment to spending cash the yanks typically don’t do. I’d expect that’s why FSG are looking to cut and run now.
But but but what happened to the Coutinho money.

Didn't Jim Ratcliffe hint at moving on to someone else when he spoke about buying the Rags the other week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.