Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see an upside at Liverpool, certainly not at the £3bn level. Their realistic valuation is probably half that on an objective basis. Sheikh Mansour, Malcolm Glazer, FSG, PIF etc., all saw an undervalued asset that could produce a significant return.

There'd maybe some room to grow Liverpool's commercial income, which doesn't reflect what they think their global popularity is. But as I said earlier in the thread, there's maybe more downside and, as a buyer, I'd be pricing that in. No one is going to rush in until it's clear whether they'll be in the CL next season. FSG may come to regret not selling in the summer.
Same, inflation aside I think they've fairly peaked for the next decade. Bad time to sell imo. Not an expert though.

As I understand it, Abu Dhabi is "old money", as they have more of the natural resources whereas Dubai doesn't have as much of those. I'd also say that Abu Dhabi appears to be the more outward looking of the two, as far as global alliances and trade are concerned.

However it's a delicate balancing act as Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai is UAE Prime Minister and Vice President, with Sheikh Mansour being Deputy PM (and his son in law). Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (MBZ) is President of the UAE. I'm not sure that would stop them buying Liverpool though. I could see them have having a bit of fun at family gatherings if Dubai's Sheikh Mohammed owned Liverpool.

But people talking about this or that potential billionaire owner are forgetting about FFP. We had about 3 years of unrestricted spending before it kicked in, plus we've leveraged Abu Dhabi's business relationships brilliantly to increase our commercial income.

And also return on investment, at the amounts being mentioned. If they are buying at the top with limited potential to increase value, surely that would be "sportswashing", wouldn't it?

Quite the opposite sadly, a weak pound makes it more likely they hit £4bn and the type of people that spend that amount of money aren’t worried about their mortgages increasing to 6% or their electricity bill.

Well reports this morning it’s 3b there asking for so dropped a billion in 24 hours! Also reports say they put out a brochure last month to interested parties! Funny no news on that after a month! Think it will take a year or two! One plus for them the media will do all the lip service for them talking them up to high heaven saying it’s a bargain at 3b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.