Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still don't get it though. Because of the Media narrative around us, it's always how much personal wealth their prospective new owner might have. That's only the first stage. Whoever it is will need the expertise and a fecking good plan (due to ffp). The barcodes new owners seem to understand it partly - but it makes me laugh how far they still are from understanding the problem - just like the rags.

They still don't get it though. Because of the Media narrative around us, it's always how much personal wealth their prospective new owner might have. That's only the first stage. Whoever it is will need the expertise and a fecking good plan (due to ffp). The barcodes new owners seem to understand it partly - but it makes me laugh how far they still are from understanding the problem - just like the rags.

Agree but FSG could of spent at least another 300/400m no problem with there turnover and refuse to do so! There next owner could do a Boehly!

I get that !! Its the value on LFC I dont get.

The new owners spend 3 billion to buy them and than still have money to invest. I just dont see it.

To invest 3 billion you are going to want to see a return I would have thought

It makes no sense unless prize money & revenue will be increasing massively. It would be like buying a property in a rising market.

Agree but FSG could of spent at least another 300/400m no problem with there turnover and refuse to do so! There next owner could do a Boehly!
Yeah, Chelsea are a little like our first few years, post takeover but do seem to be taking a scattergun approach to transfers with splashing the cash. They all expect to buy instant success.
Everyone copies our approach to training facilities and media, but even chelsea seem to have lost their focus an youth recruitment. Thats the thing about our model - everything is connected.

I find the price the owners want abit odd.

One premier league in 30 odd years. No room to expand the facilities much. An old squad. Odd fan base.

How would anyone recoup their 3 billion investment ?
I agree in current economic environment the decision FSG made to turn down reputed £3bn in April, if actually true, could be a mistake.
It does not feel like there is much growth in overall value of established premiership football clubs unless you emulate the CFG model, in fact you might conclude value has fallen if they agree a sale below the £4.25bn Chelsea were sold in May.
If they find a buyer let’s hope it’s highly leveraged with all profits servicing the debt. Another Yank owned PE would be perfect, the absolute arseholes that own the business I work would be perfect.
The scruffy bin dipping twats should be crapping their trackies of might come but they are that entitled they think some Scouse loving multi billionaire will step in and fund re-gentrification of Miserypool followed by independence no doubt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.