Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez that should send shivers down the spine of anyone, most of all Tranny, knowing people are so obsessed with him.
No word of a lie. It's "GOAT" this, "GOAT that. Continually comparing him (favourably, of course) to Messi. Or, as they like to call him," Pessi ". Can't fathom out why starting a player's surname on twitter with a P is seen as insulting, but hey ho.

I know you'll say; "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?", but anyway. I can’t fathom why L***s are seen as a "big" club. They've won 3 league titles*, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Inter City Fairs Cups. They seem to pretty consistently average crowds in the mid 30ks down the years. Not bad, but it is a one club town. Not having a pop at you, by the way. They're seen as big by the footballing world. I'm just puzzled as to how they've attained that status

*3 league titles isn't shabby, by the way. Better than the majority of clubs in the top division. But if you look at what is referred to now as the "top 6" clubs, only Spurs (2) have less top flight titles.

But then; I would say that, wouldn't I?

:-)
Weirdly, Leeds have quite a few followers here in the US. And they had many before Marsch became manager. Now since then of course, they have more. Of course they also have or had USMNT players like Aronson and Tyler Adams. They tend to get their games broadcast on free TV (well USA channel which is an NBC channel) almost as much as City do.

I was more meaning the number of the post within the thread.
595caacc370b592a951565492878e29a.jpg
Bayern also sponsor themselves

We have our own version now, Haaland. If/when Haaland ever leaves he'll take a sizeable amount of followers/'fans' with him to the next club, because it's about following 'him', not the club he plays for, to those people.

Odd, but I suppose a natural progression in the weird world of celebrity worship - It used to be films ('Who's in it?', rather than 'Is it any good?'), and has now moved onto football, some people support the 'talent' not the 'product'.
A bit like motorsport.
'Yogi bear'....

I know you'll say; "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?", but anyway. I can’t fathom why L***s are seen as a "big" club. They've won 3 league titles*, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Inter City Fairs Cups. They seem to pretty consistently average crowds in the mid 30ks down the years. Not bad, but it is a one club town. Not having a pop at you, by the way. They're seen as big by the footballing world. I'm just puzzled as to how they've attained that status

*3 league titles isn't shabby, by the way. Better than the majority of clubs in the top division. But if you look at what is referred to now as the "top 6" clubs, only Spurs (2) have less top flight titles.

But then; I would say that, wouldn't I?

:-)
Note: Inter City Fairs Cup was not a real competition, with participants being “invited”and restrictions on eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.