Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can relations between the clubs improve while their manager continues to make snide comments about our club and its ownership in press conferences? Klopp has fuelled a lot of the hate, aided and abetted by the (racist) tabloid press. I am all for improving relations between the fans but we are still awaiting the result into the investigation ino the leaking of our confidential financial information from the UEFA FFP investigation. Have the UEFA bosses spoken to any of the LFC Directors and their former employees yet? It has gone under the carpet along with the coach attack.
The reaction from Klopp to our CAS victory was telling. “A bad day for football” he said. What he meant was a bad day for Liverpool. It was blatantly obvious they were willing the verdict going against us (I think they expected it, deluded scousers), however when you take into account the hacking of our youth system data, they had both opportunity, motivation and previous to suggest at best collusion and at worst direct involvement with the crime.

How can relations between the clubs improve while their manager continues to make snide comments about our club and its ownership in press conferences? Klopp has fuelled a lot of the hate, aided and abetted by the (racist) tabloid press. I am all for improving relations between the fans but we are still awaiting the result into the investigation ino the leaking of our confidential financial information from the UEFA FFP investigation. Have the UEFA bosses spoken to any of the LFC Directors and their former employees yet? It has gone under the carpet along with the coach attack.
I enquired about that investigation. UEFA did not reply.

I think the meeting has to be a good idea if it has any prospect of preventing the manifest enmity spilling over into something far more serious and tragic. Not sure if it’s likely to have any effect, but it’s worth trying, because either way, that outcome would be tragic for City.

I would have loved to have been a fly in the wall, or better, a participant! I’m bound to wonder the extent of the sententious lecturing from the other side of the room, and the demands for education so beloved of acolytes of Liverpool around our purported ‘Hillsborough’ chants. I wonder how strident the City fans were in relation to the egregious disrespect our fans, players and manager have been subject to in recent years at Anfield, and the fact that Liverpool supporters have not earned the right to lecture anyone around supporter behaviour.

On the other hand, it’s probably a good thing I wasn’t involved!

I think the meeting has to be a good idea if it has any prospect of preventing the manifest enmity spilling over into something far more serious and tragic. Not sure if it’s likely to have any effect, but it’s worth trying, because either way, that outcome would be tragic for City.

I would have loved to have been a fly in the wall, or better, a participant! I’m bound to wonder the extent of the sententious lecturing from the other side of the room, and the demands for education so beloved of acolytes of Liverpool around our purported ‘Hillsborough’ chants. I wonder how strident the City fans were in relation to the egregious disrespect our fans, players and manager have been subject to in recent years at Anfield, and the fact that Liverpool supporters have not earned the right to lecture anyone around supporter behaviour.

Beautifully put. I’d have preferred you bring in attendance, not as a fly on the wall but putting that across to the sanctimonious twats.

Years ago, before the union of the crowns, there used to be 'lovedays' on the Scottish border, where both sides would meet under truce to exchange grievances and glower at one another. They would probably be held in a friendlier atmosphere than the City/Liverpool meeting.

Assuming this meeting took place, my guess is Liverpool requested a "discussion" in order to frame it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.