Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldridge is genuinely thick as shit.

Were any members of the Beatles interested in Liverpool football club? At the height of their fame weren’t Liverpool in the 2nd tier of English football waiting for the Littlewoods money to happen? It would be like us trying to claim Ian Brown, when non of them have any affinity to that shit stain of a football club and couldn’t wait to get out of Liverpool.

From RAWK

"For me there is something fundamentally wrong with the game when a club with our levels of success cannot afford to keep a player like Salah".

League and FA cup last season was it or did they win others I am missing?

They are worried Mo is off with Mane - not happy dippers :)
They can, of course, afford Salah but that would reduce FSG dividend. Pool fans should be screaming “Where does the money go?”

Were any members of the Beatles interested in Liverpool football club? At the height of their fame weren’t Liverpool in the 2nd tier of English football waiting for the Littlewoods money to happen? It would be like us trying to claim Ian Brown, when non of them have any affinity to that shit stain of a football club and couldn’t wait to get out of Liverpool.
Nah, they got the money in 1958 thus winning promo from div2.

I would no longer consider myself a Liverpool supporter anymore.. Club and football in general morphed into something I know longer recognise or associate with.. yeah still take a veiled interest and keep on top of things..
I will tell you in simple terms what I think.. No problem whatsoever with City winning trophies.. dear me.. if any teams supporters deserve success it’s you lot with what you have endured last 40 years having to put up with United.. going to the old Maine Road was a highlight of the season especially the usual drink before the game in the supporters Club with banter with fans.. take up my seat in the Platt Lane,the usual five we put past The great Joe Corrigan and even the look on the faces of John Bond and Peter Swales face after it... your right tho all good things come to an end like it did for us..
Now to my own situation... at one time supporting Liverpool was predominantly a local thing similar to your good selves.. success came along then the dreaded SKY and Liverpool F.C. became global so instead of me going the match with Mick from the Dingle..Tommy from Walton I ended up sitting with Tarquin from Surrey.. Jeremy from Berkshire or Lars from Oslo.. you try talking to one of those about what was in last nights Echo.. the point I am making is I have nothing in common with these people surely it’s more than just 11 people running around a pitch it’s about supporting your local club the one that represents you.. your family.. the place you live and the way you live your life in that city of town Liverpool F.C no longer has links to the City or its people.. it’s a global brand.. an American Franchise.. I was once a fan or a supporter now all I am is a customer or client.. all I am saying to City fans is success is great however in time it robbs you of your identity.. you still have a lot of yours still intact however it won’t be there in another 15 to 20 years a the rate you are winning trophies, and you will be in the same boat as Liverpool and United.. a football club without any proper identity.
A fair analysis, Tom. I am nostalgic for the days on the old Kippax and City could preserve that spirit and that identity if they made a serious effort to cherish the legacy fans. Sadly, the club is not really interested in doing that. Lots of fine words, but precious little action. Instead, give advertising preference by removing seats, expect fans to wait in massive phone queues, run a dysfunctional ticket office, poor bar service, crap beer, little fan communication, rubbish official website etc etc.
Tbf, it’s not all bad and the club does make an effort when a fan needs a leg up.
The feeling is of a business which is very successful, but a business it is, less a club.
Am I being too harsh?

I would no longer consider myself a Liverpool supporter anymore.. Club and football in general morphed into something I know longer recognise or associate with.. yeah still take a veiled interest and keep on top of things..
I will tell you in simple terms what I think.. No problem whatsoever with City winning trophies.. dear me.. if any teams supporters deserve success it’s you lot with what you have endured last 40 years having to put up with United.. going to the old Maine Road was a highlight of the season especially the usual drink before the game in the supporters Club with banter with fans.. take up my seat in the Platt Lane,the usual five we put past The great Joe Corrigan and even the look on the faces of John Bond and Peter Swales face after it... your right tho all good things come to an end like it did for us..
Now to my own situation... at one time supporting Liverpool was predominantly a local thing similar to your good selves.. success came along then the dreaded SKY and Liverpool F.C. became global so instead of me going the match with Mick from the Dingle..Tommy from Walton I ended up sitting with Tarquin from Surrey.. Jeremy from Berkshire or Lars from Oslo.. you try talking to one of those about what was in last nights Echo.. the point I am making is I have nothing in common with these people surely it’s more than just 11 people running around a pitch it’s about supporting your local club the one that represents you.. your family.. the place you live and the way you live your life in that city of town Liverpool F.C no longer has links to the City or its people.. it’s a global brand.. an American Franchise.. I was once a fan or a supporter now all I am is a customer or client.. all I am saying to City fans is success is great however in time it robbs you of your identity.. you still have a lot of yours still intact however it won’t be there in another 15 to 20 years a the rate you are winning trophies, and you will be in the same boat as Liverpool and United.. a football club without any proper identity.
Are you sure you were associated with Liverpool? There's far too much common sense in that post.

They can, of course, afford Salah but that would reduce FSG dividend. Pool fans should be screaming “Where does the money go?”

Bad as the scum these owners but FSG keep it all under the radar think they are 350m in Debt also! Fans should be pointing the finger at there owner! Do your think if we had Salah and Mane we would let them leaves when they’ve done what they’ve done for the club? They’d would stay till there mid 30’s like we done with a few of our players then let them go for nowt! FSG want the money and why they’ll probably sell Salah

It's already started with us. Look at the new season cards and how "legacy " fans are treated
Tourists will pay more for a seat and spend in the shop
I still have my Liverpool season ticket.. mates been using it for last six years will tell you the cold hard facts about what a global brand American Franchise thinks of me in real world terms and what you will face in years to come when your brand becomes widespread like Liverpool and United.
Am a local... live within 3 miles of Anfield.. When I attended matches I would rock up at five to three.. wouldn’t buy Liverpool lager at four quid a pop.. sausage rolls three or four quid and would be away within 5 mins of ref blowing whistle to end the game.. the business got nothing from me apart from my season ticket money.. fast forward to what FSG want.. they want Tarquin from Surrey up.. gets to Anfield at 11.30am match day.. goes in souvenir shop comes out with two carrier bags full of Kevin Keegan badges.. John Toshack pennants etc after spending about 60 quid.. he gets in the ground and buys lager.. cups of tea.. sausage rolls a programme for nearly a fiver and whatever else. Double it if he’s a dad with kids.. the point I am making is John Heney and FSG don’t want locals like me because they don’t make any money just season ticket money.. this is modern football
Funnily enough last time I was at Anfield walking past the car park outside with Mercedes... Porches and BMWs etc this is fan car park by the way alot registered with southern dealerships I walked past a van selling food.. couldn’t stop laughing when I seen Minted Lamb Burgers at 6.50 a pop, tell me when do fans from Kirkdale.. Speke or Croxteth eat that haha.. whatever happend to sausage roll and Bovril.

Are you sure you were associated with Liverpool? There's far too much common sense in that post.
Listen.. I can only give you my opinion based on experience.. sadly the way my club has gone has turned me in some ways quite bitter towards it that’s what I hope your club doesn’t become but sadly when success comes along it goes hand in hand with gloryhunters and eventually the identity goes..
I chuckle listening to some of the anti scouse or anti Liverpool posts on hear.. but come on let’s be honest.. my City and Manchester are exactly the same.. good.. bad and in some cases ugly just like any other place.. I would definately go as far as to say I have more in common with City or even a United fan who lives in Hulme.. Deansgate.. Belle Vue or Fallowfield than a Liverpool fan living in Berkshire or Kent.. all I ask is don’t get locals mixed up with Out Of Town fans as we are entirely different.. on here plenty admit to having scouse friends and work mates who are fair minded and not as deluded as OOT fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.