Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They once bricked an ambulance at their ground with a rag player (Alan Smith?) inside receiving treatment for a leg injury!
It was Smith who had just broken his leg, FA Cup Tie 2006.
On the same day they threw human shit from the top tier of the Anfield Rd Stand onto Rag fans below who were in the bottom tier.
When they played us in the 2nd Leg of The Youth Cup Final later the same season at our place, they had a banner proclaiming "the day the shit hit the fan"

And herein lies the problem. They'll now be even more emboldened next time. And on it goes until someone is actually killed. Again.
I've got to admit I'm conflicted on this one. Anyone who has read about how the fans were herded to the stadium knows UEFA fucked up massively. Bizarrely, if ticketless Liverpool fans were expected to be an issue, then they're doubly culpable as the system was almost designed to fail if there were ticket issues.

But my main confusion is with Liverpool fans, who had to put up with the situation - where clearly most were like you and me, and had paid lots of money to attend.

It seems crazy that fans that were involved in Hillsborough would essentially protect people who were putting everyone's life at risk by doing everything they can to deflect the blame, and pretend the ticketless fans don't exist.

The only rationale I can come up with is that after Hillsborough, which was a genuine scandalous coverup, they think it's better to pursue the people in power, rather than muddy the waters by pushing some of the blame onto their own fans. Hopefully it will improve safety in future finals, and if it makes it less likely for ticketless fans to succeed, then that's a win too.

Examples of some decent behaviour from the dipper fans , which is the normal standard from the fans of most clubs, is being highlighted by Sky as being representative of all the behaviour of their fans in Paris, giving a totally distorted view.

Thus the jibbing in, being the cause of fans with genuine tickets missing out on the game, and overcrowding within the stadium etc is not mentioned.

So what is being represented as impeccable behaviour is actually a whitewash for the full extent of the problems witnessed in Paris.

The IOC have said recommendations will be in place before the olympics to stop it happening again. I presume this means nobody from dipperville will be able to attend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.