Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weedy little prick has no bloody idea. They have thrown away millions on forwards and still look impotent.
  • Carvalho €20m
  • Diaz €75m
  • Gakpo €60m
  • Jota €55m
  • Nunez €75m
Weedy?

He looks like he used to be 6ft before he was hit by a lift

©️Leslie Dawson

Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen does not think it is all doom and gloom, however.

"Liverpool's strength is that group of players who have been to the trenches and won together. That takes years of building. Why is everyone talking about a refresh?" Owen said, speaking on BT Sport.

"I think Liverpool have got enough. Looking through their starting XI, there's nobody out there better than their goalkeeper. Their right-back is unbelievable, the left-back too, Virgil van Dijk is probably the best in the world when he is on form. Ibrahima Konate is brilliant.

"The front five are brilliant. Darwin Nunez was the hottest striker around last year. Cody Gakpo was one of the stars of the World Cup.

"When they bought Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino they weren't £100m players, they weren't the best in the world at the time. Nunez could be anything, he could be one of the best in the world in five years."

Dunno why the rest of us bother, they are the greatest bestest most brilliant group of players ever !!

On that logic, City should be still have Kompany, Aguero, Silva, Toure, Dzeko and Zabaleta turning up for training. We found out that if you let a group of very good players get old you won’t be successful and it ultimately costs a lot of money to turn it round. Pep inherited a squad that was getting old from Pellegrini and took a season of pain to get it right which then culminated in back to back titles.

It feels like we are in that transition again and with a few tweaks specially in the full back department next year everyone will be obliterated. Anyways

I’ve gone off subject - bin dipping vermin.

Yet, they were good enough to smash the scum, who stand in 3rd in the Prem. VVD, Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Milner and - dare I say it - Salah either well in decline or looking past their best. Ox-Chambo has been in decline for ages. Of the 2 feared full backs, Robertson's 29 and Trent's been well and truly found out in the last season or 2. Matip can't play more than 3 games running - ever. Gomez? Frequently a liability. Darwen Nunez? If only we'd signed him instead of bloody Haaland.
They went out with barely a whimper last night.
Quite looking forward to playing them again!
Jesus.

You know you have to “up high” to be able to say you are “on your way down” right?

I’m sure Nunez was 85m pounds which is a big difference from 75m euros, but I could be wrong.
Just checked and it was £64m with add-ons of £21m. The add-ons were probably based on trophies won, appearances, goals scored, league position etc etc. So as it stands it is £64m with little chance of any add-ons in the foreseeable future.

Nunez has been a huge flop for then, you'd want heads to roll from the recruiting/scouting team who thought he was a good buy.

Has had 1 good season for Benfica and I think it will turn out being a 1 off rather than something he does throughout his career. He's a workhorse who will probably get you 15-20 goals a season in all comps, but he is not a top tier forward.

And still, BT pundits (and Sky, and BBC) troll the whole country with "not got the financial support of other teams" and "performing at a level above compared to other extravagant teams" and "don't have the luxury of buying anyone"
Makes me want to puke!
Peter Crouch and Ferdinand were going on about them not being able to spend what City have, what is that all about. If I'm not wrong they spent a lot more than us in the last 2 transfer windows at least. They are competitive in that regard if not on the pitch.

Nunez has been a huge flop for then, you'd want heads to roll from the recruiting/scouting team who thought he was a good buy.

Has had 1 good season for Benfica and I think it will turn out being a 1 off rather than something he does throughout his career. He's a workhorse who will probably get you 15-20 goals a season in all comps, but he is not a top tier forward.
little mickey owen disagrees he's well on his way to stardom
if we paid that the media would expect haaland scoring record and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.