Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha. I can't even remember anything regarding their one title, ask any other fan about one of ours and 99.9% of them will say the agueroooo moment. The other 0.1% will say the villa title game :-)
The titles in recent years that people will remember are possibly last season's but definitely the Centurion's season, Leicester's title win and the Aguerooooooo moment.

Where's the ambiguity? The song is not about Hillsborough.
Let's hand over our list of songs and chants to the scousers so they can decide what we can and can't sing. Because that is effectively where this is heading. If you think it will stop at this song you are badly mistaken.
You are correct the song is not about Hillsborough exclusively but if the word "always" is included, when Liverpool fans were victims at Hillsborough, then how does the song not include Hillsborough?

If it isn't about Hillsborough then why not sing "always the victims, but not Hillsborough" that way it is clear 100% that it isn't about Hillsborough.
By using the word "always" meaning everytime, it is open to interpretation so don't be surprised the scousers have interpreted it differently to you.

In no way am I standing up for the scousers, but City fans should be better than this. There are plenty of songs to aim at them with scoring points over tragedies.

You are correct the song is not about Hillsborough exclusively but if the word "always" is included, when Liverpool fans were victims at Hillsborough, then how does the song not include Hillsborough?

If it isn't about Hillsborough then why not sing "always the victims, but not Hillsborough" that way it is clear 100% that it isn't about Hillsborough.
By using the word "always" meaning everytime, it is open to interpretation so don't be surprised the scousers have interpreted differently to you.

In no way am I standing up for the scousers, but City fans should be better than this. There are plenty of songs to aim at them with scoring points over tragedies.

It wont take a Neil Sedaka type of talent to rejig the song so there is no ambiguity ;)

The titles in recent years that people will remember are possibly last season's but definitely the Centurion's season, Leicester's title win and the Aguerooooooo moment.

2019 was pretty special for the run that City went on, there was literally no room for error between the two clubs. Back to back titles and a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies, that was probably the best team we’ve had.

Jurgen Klopp: "[I’m the] last man standing… I'm aware of the fact I'm sitting here because of the past, not because of what we did this season"

Pressure mounting and he is starting to unravel, as he did at Dortmund. And he’ll leave Liverpool in a similarly depleted state, which will see them struggle further for seasons to come.

Rinse and repeat at whichever club picks him up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.