Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
From RAWK. It is amazing that we are killing a sport given that their team has the best manager, best goalkeeper, best central defender, best full-backs, best front three and best manager. I know we can only imagine what it is like to be them, and we didn't climb the hill in our own way, but the venom on their forum is something to behold, especially given they were quadruple favourites until the last days of the season.

That's all I do too. Just check their score. No way do I ever watch them.

If they were a legitimate club playing great stuff I might have been tempted to have a look at them if I had a spare hour and a half, but they are a complete sham, and an abhorrent one at that. I just can't justify watching a bunch of scumbag mercenaries representing a pariah state whilst killing our sport.
When the truth is he probably did watch us, as he had no homework to do due to the school holidays

Here Trent is obviously disturbed by his hair.

Attachments

• 100305B3-6B46-416E-8569-5513CB30D6AF.jpeg
    100305B3-6B46-416E-8569-5513CB30D6AF.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 68
Awww, diddums!

I bet he didn’t moan about Littlewoods sweeping all before them in the '70s and '80s, when they had their very own sugar daddy buying any and every player they wanted.
He really doesn't care about City - we know that because he told us three times and took 50 seconds to tell us!

We really have got under their skin......

Awww, diddums!

I bet he didn’t moan about Littlewoods sweeping all before them in the '70s and '80s, when they had their very own sugar daddy buying any and every player they wanted.

I did a comparison of Liverpool and Arsenal signings in the 70s and 80s and I don't think this is true. They were spending about the same as Arsenal except for when they made big sales to contiental teams such as Keegan and Rush. They just had better scouting, better management and better training than anyone else in those decades

I did a comparison of Liverpool and Arsenal signings in the 70s and 80s and I don't think this is true. They were spending about the same as Arsenal except for when they made big sales to contiental teams such as Keegan and Rush. They just had better scouting, better management and better training than anyone else in those decades
It's actually the mid 60's to mid 70's.
When Shankley came in they were a mid 2nd division club who then started spending money (Littlewoods dirty gambling money) equivalent to what 1st division clubs were spending and they were promoted.
By the time they sold Keegan and replaced him with Dalglish, the money was naturally coming in through league titles and Euro Cups - and being part of the top teams demanding that home teams kept all of the gate receipts, thus weakening those other first division sides financially who attracted smaller crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.