Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing about Liverpool and the rags fans claiming that their money is "organic".
It isn't. They shafted the smaller clubs as mentioned.
Then with the advent of the Premier League they positioned themselves to earn a greater share of the cash by being on TV more times than the rest...... so the rich got richer and poor got poorer..... and they were able to float on the stock market and get richer. Buy the best players and pay more for them / afford bigger wages.
Clubs like Leeds tried to join the club and almost folded trying to keep up..... yet City are ruining football......
Then of course the big 3 of Liverpool / rags and Arsenal wanted more so formed the G14 group and carved up the European Cup (that only one could enter) and morphed it into the Champions League where all (and eventually Chelsea too) could feast at an even bigger trough and the gap between the haves and have nots continued to widen so much so that apart from Blackburn and Everton (one season each) no other English club competed in the Champions League until Spurs broke in 2010 and City the following season.
Their money was never organic but acquired at the expense of every other club in England.
It's like a Duke or Earl today sitting in the family mansion telling everyone that his family had inherited the stately home fairly and had acquired it via organic funding when the truth is the royals pillaged and.plundered the land and rewarded those faithful to the crown with handsome rewards at the expense of the rest of the population.

What Liverpool / rags and Arsenal did was exactly the same
Excellent post and very true. United also had an enormous amount of luck. Luck in that they found the right manager at the right time and luck that refs were not against adding a few minutes for them to get a winner. Penalties for opposing teams were none existent at the old toilet. I'd go so far as to say that refs were scared of Taggart.
The analogy with Royalty is accurate. And the reason I'm a Republican.

From RAWK....

We do not want to be playing catch up to these in the second half of the season once Haaland is properly settled in. Reckon we should be tapping De Bruyne up just to piss them off a bit. He's probably earning about 800 thousand a week on the sly but we could turn his head and cause a problem or two over there.
I noticed this with Haaland, the narrative seems to be we’re paying low transfer fees but paying billions in wages under the counter. Clutching

Red And White Kop censors more information than North Korea and Putin combined! 45 minutes since the final whistle and the post match has been locked and edited not once, not twice but three times and contains a total of 17 posts! I know some of out threads are over the top after a bad result but at least we let fans rant!View attachment 52939
Its frightening over there...you cant tell me they're not deranged...from the Palace thread...

" Worrying that we’ve spent 4 points from our 20 point reserve, hopefully we can regain 6 points so we’re up to 22 points. Man City have a bank of minus 4 points though so if they lose more points, a negative plus a negative is a positive. So ideally we need them to keep winning, it’d be annoying to see them increase that bank by losing games. If we take their average points total of the last two seasons, add our 20 point bank, delete their bank, and then maybe see if Arsenal or Spurs have a bank that we can borrow, then we can drop 24 more points"

During the Liverpool years of dominance their fans were praised in the media as the most knowledgeable, sporting fans in football ... until they started to lose. You only sing when you are winning was made for them, then they turn.

Other fans are expected to listen to YNWA in silent reverence when Liverpool fail to respect others. Their shameful history of violence and intimidation goes way beyond any other club including the rags.

Other English clubs have suffered from their legacy, not least from the ban in Europeans competitions. They do still have cheerleaders dominating the media along with the rags. No surprise that allegations never come to light of dirty tricks, underhand actions and financial threats and incentives to influence, compounded by a lack of transparency about their affairs. Both now cling to City's shirt tails to remain relevant.

Not all fans are bad but I go back to the Busby era and Liverpool are the worst by far and have been for most of the time.
I think that you should post more @spiny

I missed Klippety's interview. What excuse did he come up with tonight?

WITCHES

59fb7f3b49d8a2b7eca266c20524714a.jpg

And let's face it, the Beatles only became any good when they left that cesspit and a London lad produced them.
I've met George Martin. I had no idea who he was until I saw a gold disc in his downstairs loo and even then I had to c

Lovely man and very unassuming.

Somers Crescent in the Hyde Park Estate. Crikey, I just googled him and learn that he has died.

Its frightening over there...you cant tell me they're not deranged...from the Palace thread...

" Worrying that we’ve spent 4 points from our 20 point reserve, hopefully we can regain 6 points so we’re up to 22 points. Man City have a bank of minus 4 points though so if they lose more points, a negative plus a negative is a positive. So ideally we need them to keep winning, it’d be annoying to see them increase that bank by losing games. If we take their average points total of the last two seasons, add our 20 point bank, delete their bank, and then maybe see if Arsenal or Spurs have a bank that we can borrow, then we can drop 24 more points"
What the actual fuck is that **** on about??

A negative plus a negative is a positive?
Point reserves?
Points banks?

Jesus wept man, they're insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.