Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be just our luck we won’t face them with Milner and Henderson in the middle of the park when City got to Anfield in October. Notable that two teams so far have outworked them over 90 minutes in Fulham and the rags. The season after they ran themselves into the ground winning the league they came nowhere near City. They went all out last season, will we see the same again? Early days yet.

Salah is slowly becoming Ronaldo like. Goes missing for longer and longer periods. Increasingly egotistical. Scores but doesnt contribute otherwise.

Hes still better but can see them regretting that contract as it comes to the final few years

When Matip and Konate come back van Dijk will be benched. He looks like a right slapped arse now he’s not the top earner there anymore.

He’s on £220k/wk, Salah was on £20k/wk less than that but is now on £130k/wk more than that and it’s as if van Dijk’s playing like he’s seen his arse about it.

It will be just our luck we won’t face them with Milner and Henderson in the middle of the park when City got to Anfield in October. Notable that two teams so far have outworked them over 90 minutes in Fulham and the rags. The season after they ran themselves into the ground winning the league they came nowhere near City. They went all out last season, will we see the same again? Early days yet.
This might turn out to be the worst title defence ever, if they don't get their act together

I had United down to win this game. Given their position and the noise around them, it was arguably the perfect league game for United.

In big games Liverpool play on emotion, and this was going to be an emotional driven game. They are not good playing in emotionally driven games away from Anfield. Had it been at Anfield I have no doubt Liverpool would have won comfortably.

Liverpool do not have the capability that City has to take the sting out of a game. Keep the ball, silence the crowd and, kill the game off. Death by a thousand cuts as opposed to swinging wildly trying to land a fatal blow.

I expect next week they'll beat Bournemouth easily, whilst United struggle at Southampton.

There's every chance they will beat Bournemouth,easily as you say,however they are not playing well at all,well not to the standard we all know they are capable of.

Utd have been beaten twice,easily,already this season,so for me this was a perfect game for Liverpool to go there and get a result.

Put it this way,we'd have gone there and won last night.

Salah is slowly becoming Ronaldo like. Goes missing for longer and longer periods. Increasingly egotistical. Scores but doesnt contribute otherwise.

Hes still better but can see them regretting that contract as it comes to the final few years

lovely jubbly then that they gave him a new 4 year contract on around £385,000 a week!

Salah was like this end of last season and also 3 month period the season before. I think he'll inevitably be back to his best at some point but unlike those other seasons there's nobody else to step in at the moment.

Mane is gone, Thiago and Jota are consistently injured, Luis Diaz scores a worldie once every 5 games and fails to deliver in other 4, Firmino is finished. Nunez is too new but probably their best hope once he gets back from the ban.

Liverpool still had 70% possession! They’ll be fine when they get Gomez out of the team and back to their first 11.

If we can pump out another 90 point season however i think its in the bag.

Nobody should get too giddy. They'll get their mojo back, and they'll climb back up the table. I'd be astonished if either Arsenal or Spurs lasted the course, when the going gets tough.
But we're the better team and, above all, squad. We always have been, apart from that one hangover season we had when they won the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.