Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see it. Their midfield is old and injury prone. Rags won last night as Liverpools midfield had zero energy or creativity. Fabinho changed nothing either he’s slower than last season. Their midfield is old and declining. They need a whole new midfield. Thiago is their most dangerous midfielder but he’s never fit he’s already out for a month. Keita never fit. So right now their starting midfield is

Henderson 32
Milner 36
Fabinho 28

That is their midfield if Thiago can’t get over these injury issues. They are in real trouble. They would need the front three to have an amazing goal scoring run. But they only kept up with us last season due to Mane, who was instrumental in them getting late winners against a lot of teams now he’s gone and with him gone are his goals and assists but also his work rate
Just been talking to a liverpool fan and he said exactly the same as you about their midfield and the loss of Mane, plus they have lost depth with Origi and Manimino gone.Then Van Dijk weaknesses being exposed.He fears for top 4.

They have looked really slow and cumbersome, but they usually start to pick up some form as the games go on so i'm not reading too much into it. Jones and Elliot aren't bad players, although both look like typical Scouse cunts, they have talent. Keita is also injured with Thiago and obviously Oxlade has been injured his whole career. I think a midfield of Fabinho - Thiago and Henderson or Keita isn't that bad. Once they get Jota back they'll have another body who can drop in between the lines. While it's piss funny how bad they've been, i just can't see it lasting even though obviously they're making a huge deal of a couple of injuries.

They have looked really slow and cumbersome, but they usually start to pick up some form as the games go on so i'm not reading too much into it. Jones and Elliot aren't bad players, although both look like typical Scouse cunts, they have talent. Keita is also injured with Thiago and obviously Oxlade has been injured his whole career. I think a midfield of Fabinho - Thiago and Henderson or Keita isn't that bad. Once they get Jota back they'll have another body who can drop in between the lines. While it's piss funny how bad they've been, i just can't see it lasting even though obviously they're making a huge deal of a couple of injuries.

It’s early days for everyone at the moment with on different fitness programs to factor in a World Cup. There are going to be strange results and we saw a lot over the weekend. City looked awful at times at Newcastle and Liverpool have been out played in two games so far. Chelsea look all over the place, think as we get into Autumn the consistency will start to kick in for teams playing every three days. Trouble is everything stops mid November for a World Cup.

It’s early days for everyone at the moment with on different fitness programs to factor in a World Cup. There are going to be strange results and we saw a lot over the weekend. City looked awful at times at Newcastle and Liverpool have been out played in two games so far. Chelsea look all over the place, think as we get into Autumn the consistency will start to kick in for teams playing every three days. Trouble is everything stops mid November for a World Cup.
Yeah you make a good point, it's gonna be a really weird season.

Which makes this period until November the corner-stone of the title deciding this season.

If we manage to not lose too many points, we should be in a prime position.

I am slightly relaxed about it as if we have shown anything over the last 6 years, is we are more or less the most consistent team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.