Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched the highlights (again!!) and that so-called defending really is something else. It looks like none of them could be arsed to stop the attack. I mean, FFS! Walking? In your own penalty area? Playing against a pretty good side in a European Championship game and your defenders are walking whilst under attack? Really, Bingo? Really?
I watch a lot of non-league games now that I'm retired but I have never seen semi-pro players defend as poorly as that.

I know one thing's for certain, when I was playing any football manager, pro or amateur, would have crucified those fuckers where they stood, waited until they were certified dead, then nailed them back up again just to be sure...although I'm pretty sure Trent Anus has been dead from the neck up since his birth.
That would be my biggest concern if I was a scouser (there but for the grace of God). Tactics can be tweaked and players signed and fitness regained, but the passion is lacking at the moment. And that's probably in the top three of Klopp's coaching ability is having his players run themselves into the ground for him. Doesn't look from this perspective to be an easy solution to that.

I’ve listened to various LFC podcasts today. ( Sad I know but I am curious as to what the current mood is)

Fans are much of a muchness but what struck me about the Liverpool podcasts is the constant claim of greatness

Recently VVD has been the greatest centre half, Salah , Mane and Firminiho have been the greatest front 3, Klopp is greatest manager TTD greatest attacking full back etc etc

All set against a claim that they don’t spend money (Presumably their numerous signings of £50M are bought with Monopoly money)

We all like to praise our club but a lot of their supporters seem to have a chronic lack of self awareness. No wonder the red loving media suck up to them.

They have had a very good team who will challenge again and an excellent manager but the greatest dont win one Premier league they win it constantly.

Just wish I could remember the name of the club that does win it constantly.

Another classic from Son of Spion...
This fella really is a weapon!

It's a different psychology for Abu Dhabi. They know they will be back season after season. They know that any problems can and will be solved. They know that players at the end of their usefulness will be replaced with top quality newcomers. There is very little jeopardy in how they operate.

It's like how most people in the country are mentally and physically fatigued by the cost of living crisis, but the rich can and do simply ride it out without too much worry. It's two different worlds running side by side, and they leave you in different head space and affect you differently physically too as a result.

Imagine living life with absolutely no worries, knowing every problem that arises can and will be sorted out quite easily. Imagine having no barriers. Imagine knowing that even if you fail you will get endless amounts of further goes at it and you will eventually succeed. All that leaves you in a very optimistic, assured and relaxed head space.
Very funny. Don't usually look at Rawk but dipped in there today. it was an amusing 15 minutes. There is a thread about how shit Nunez is compared to Haaland but the consensus is that Haaland hardly touches the ball so doesn't have to work as hard as Nunez. Apparently life is easy for Erling. But Haaland works harder off the ball than most players I have seen in watching football for 50 plus years. He drags people all over the pitch all the time.

Fans are much of a muchness but what struck me about the Liverpool podcasts is the constant claim of greatness
Yep, that's why they are a cult. You cannot discuss football with any of them because they simply will not have it that other teams are or have been good. Clough's Nottingham Forest? No, they'd say. Forest were fucking shit but got lucky, la. Ok, what about, Arsenal's entire season unbeaten? Nah. They were fucking shit, they just got lucky. Liverpool are the fucking greatest, la.

No amount of reasoning or logic will ever convince a dipper that lots of teams have their day in the sun, so to speak.
To them, since the Big Bang, and when the universe began to take shape, and the planets were getting to acquaint themselves with one another ("Allo Jupiter, ol' mate. How's your dad's lumbago? Ain't seen the ol' devil for a while").
When life itself started here on earth, dipperpewl were already the greatest ever football club that was ever waiting to exist.

Another classic from Son of Spion...
This fella really is a weapon!

It's a different psychology for Abu Dhabi. They know they will be back season after season. They know that any problems can and will be solved. They know that players at the end of their usefulness will be replaced with top quality newcomers. There is very little jeopardy in how they operate.

It's like how most people in the country are mentally and physically fatigued by the cost of living crisis, but the rich can and do simply ride it out without too much worry. It's two different worlds running side by side, and they leave you in different head space and affect you differently physically too as a result.

Imagine living life with absolutely no worries, knowing every problem that arises can and will be sorted out quite easily. Imagine having no barriers. Imagine knowing that even if you fail you will get endless amounts of further goes at it and you will eventually succeed. All that leaves you in a very optimistic, assured and relaxed head space.
@PPT: Son of Spion doesn't realise it but he is 100% correct.
The Sheik has a different psychology to the dipper fans. They think they are entitled to everything with no effort put in on their part.
Whose going to give me this, why can't I have that, its not fair I want it now, whereas the Sheik is a business man who knows that to succeed you have to put the effort in. Anyone that thinks he swans around on his yacht doing squat all day is very much mistaken.

That would be my biggest concern if I was a scouser (there but for the grace of God). Tactics can be tweaked and players signed and fitness regained, but the passion is lacking at the moment. And that's probably in the top three of Klopp's coaching ability is having his players run themselves into the ground for him. Doesn't look from this perspective to be an easy solution to that.
It cant be easy, all those years of passion and determination and look what they've got to show for it.

1 Title and some penalty shoot out wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.