Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall us being browbeaten into displaying common decency. I know that concerns were versed in the media but were we not impeccable?

To be honest there was plenty of cajoling, probably would have been one or two dissenters if there wasn't a big presence .
Problem in football is often the noise starts from those entering the stadium who are pissed and don't realise a silence is in progress , hic hic.

I don't recall us being browbeaten into displaying common decency. I know that concerns were versed in the media but were we not impeccable?
IIRC we were to an extent. I'm pretty sure when my ticket for the game arrived in the post there was also a note in there from the club requesting that we respect any tributes/silence. With regards to the media, the week leading up to the game was horrendous. Some media outlets were so certain that our fans would disrupt things that we were effectively tried and convicted before the day of the match itself. That fuckwit Terry Christian was also on local radio all week shit stirring and calling City fans scum. Even Paul Scholes - who back then never seemed to give interviews - stuck his head above the parapet and said that while he hoped we'd respect it, we had previous form for not doing so.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% confident that all our fans would respect it and it only takes one idiot to ruin things. Oddly, I bumped into a United-supporting mate who was stewarding in the away end. Ex-hooligan but a top lad who always looks out for his mates regardless of who they support. When I asked him if he thought they would get their minute without any interruptions, he was adamant they would: "Yeah, course they will". And so it proved.

IIRC we were to an extent. I'm pretty sure when my ticket for the game arrived in the post there was also a note in there from the club requesting that we respect any tributes/silence. With regards to the media, the week leading up to the game was horrendous. Some media outlets were so certain that our fans would disrupt things that we were effectively tried and convicted before the day of the match itself. That fuckwit Terry Christian was also on local radio all week shit stirring and calling City fans scum. Even Paul Scholes - who back then never seemed to give interviews - stuck his head above the parapet and said that while he hoped we'd respect it, we had previous form for not doing so.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% confident that all our fans would respect it and it only takes one idiot to ruin things. Oddly, I bumped into a United-supporting mate who was stewarding in the away end. Ex-hooligan but a top lad who always looks out for his mates regardless of who they support. When I asked him if he thought they would get their minute without any interruptions, he was adamant they would: "Yeah, course they will". And so it proved.
I stand corrected, that goes to @asahartford1 also.

Why do they always always play the victim card. This is well written but there is other things in live than just Liverpool FC .

To be honest it's hard to argue with most of what Evans says about the disaster itself. And he is correct that some of the systemic emergency response failures shown at Hillsborough were also issues at the Manchester arena bombing. That said I would take issue with his timing. I think his attempt at linking Hillsborough to the death of the Queen is tenuous at best and divisive. It just feels like he is trying to "make it all about Liverpool fans again."

To be honest it's hard to argue with most of what Evans says about the disaster itself. And he is correct that some of the systemic emergency response failures shown at Hillsborough were also issues at the Manchester arena bombing. That said I would take issue with his timing. I think his attempt at linking Hillsborough to the death of the Queen is tenuous at best and divisive. It just feels like he is trying to "make it all about Liverpool fans again."
I may be wrong but is this true are things worse then ever ?
Who and when did that happened. That someone disrespected them about Hillsborough. He can't be talking about Wembley against us can he.
Isn't this overreactions ? And yes the timing is very interesting.

Did they ever identify who let the fireworks off?

Did they ever identify who let the fireworks off?
Not as far as I know. I've always wondered what that was all about. Rumours ranged from United fans not having tickets doing their own tribute to City fans deliberately disrupting things! All I know is that it was so fucking loud that it sounded like they were being let off right outside the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.