Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Liverpool loss will effectively put them out of the title race and it'll be squeaky bum for the top 4. Arsenal's bottle will eventually go, so an Arsenal win for me.

If arsenal do them tomorrow, although even a draw will probably do and then we give them a battering next week we will completely end their season and the famous mentality monsters will have a breakdown in October. Please!!
2 big games for the Dippers against the 2 best sides in the PL. To get their season back on track they need to be looking at a minimum 4 points which on current form looks unlikely. I just hope we put in a similar performance like we did for the 1st half against the Rags, they won't be able to cope with us.

I’m just waiting for the point in the season when we can discount the dippers from the title race.
Too early atm.

People have short memories of last season. They were quite a way behind then but with games in hand. They're still a good team. I'm hoping for an arsenal win tomorrow.
I suggested to a Liverpool fan down the pub yesterday evening that with City and the three London clubs all at it, if they don't win v Arsenal their league season could be over before it's even begun.

He was adamant in his response. Oh no, he insisted, we (yes, he sad "we". He lives in Ireland, has never been but it's a broad church, the Anfield Cult. Anyway, I digress...) Oh no, we were 14 points behind City last year and we clawed it all back.

No, ye didn't.
Oh yes, we did.

I think it was Twain who said, never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

I apologised. Explained how it must have slipped my mind that Liverpool won the league last year.

The narrowing of the eyes, the depth of his puff of breath, as he regarded me in that moment.

Football's 'not the same anymore, anyway', apparently.

For any lurkers……

View attachment 57775

It’s really gearing up for a great title race this season. If Chelsea & Arsenal win their games in hand then only 5 points separating 1st & 4th. No wonder it’s the strongest most competitive league in the world.

Little City flying the flag for the North against the London power houses.
I don’t think this is very fair showing the top 4. To be welcoming to all the lurking dippers we should show the top 10 so they still feel relevant. Obviously if they lose today we should just show the whole table moving forward

9 games in nowt isndecided, though they look shite now all they need is a decent run to get back in the top 4 race, I have no expectation of them to challenge us amd will strugle to get 4th with spurs/arse/chelsea in the mix, but rather the cunts finsh above the rags and push them one place lower, with a preference of 19th &20th ;-)

What a clusterfuck of a transfer window.

There's a report on the beeb about how klopp says he doesn't get a 7 year itch, but tbh their transfer dealings, the players he's brought in, just smacks of lazy minded thinking. Half hearted purchases. They're just wasting money on a manager who is now broken. I hope anyway.

I suggested to a Liverpool fan down the pub yesterday evening that with City and the three London clubs all at it, if they don't win v Arsenal their league season could be over before it's even begun.

He was adamant in his response. Oh no, he insisted, we (yes, he sad "we". He lives in Ireland, has never been but it's a broad church, the Anfield Cult. Anyway, I digress...) Oh no, we were 14 points behind City last year and we clawed it all back.

No, ye didn't.
Oh yes, we did.

I think it was Twain who said, never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

I apologised. Explained how it must have slipped my mind that Liverpool won the league last year.

The narrowing of the eyes, the depth of his puff of breath, as he regarded me in that moment.

Football's 'not the same anymore, anyway', apparently.

Should of responded with “yeah and all for nothing”

Oh no, we were 14 points behind City last year and we clawed it all back.
They may well have been 14 points behind at a specific point in time but that would've involved having 2 games in hand. I've done a like-for-like comparison of last season, with the points after an equal number of games played.

They were, at worst, 8 points behind us around Xmas/New Year time. So they actually clawed back 7 points over the next few games. That's good but it's hardly 14 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.