Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any lurkers……

View attachment 57775

It’s really gearing up for a great title race this season. If Chelsea & Arsenal win their games in hand then only 5 points separating 1st & 4th. No wonder it’s the strongest most competitive league in the world.

Little City flying the flag for the North against the London power houses.
Get out of here..... it's all over & not fair apparently.

A Liverpool loss will effectively put them out of the title race and it'll be squeaky bum for the top 4. Arsenal's bottle will eventually go, so an Arsenal win for me.
Dips really can't afford to lose this especially with us up next.

I expect a fiesty game, ideally with a red card for one of their best in the world players....any one of the 11 will do.

It should always be about what is best for us, so I agree with you - though ideally I’d prefer a draw so they both drop points.

I just don’t think Arsenal will keep it up so it might be best for us today but it’s what’s best come the end of the season, Liverpool are capable of hitting a long winning run so I’ll hope for a draw but if not I’d like arsenal to win for quite a few reasons

I just don’t think Arsenal will keep it up so it might be best for us today but it’s what’s best come the end of the season, Liverpool are capable of hitting a long winning run so I’ll hope for a draw but if not I’d like arsenal to win for quite a few reasons
Yeah, I’m looking at the numbers you’re talking speculation & emotion; both valid points of view imho - and anyway we’re agreed a draw would be best!

They may well have been 14 points behind at a specific point in time but that would've involved having 2 games in hand. I've done a like-for-like comparison of last season, with the points after an equal number of games played.

They were, at worst, 8 points behind us around Xmas/New Year time. So they actually clawed back 7 points over the next few games. That's good but it's hardly 14 points.
As I recall, they were only briefly 14pts behind - and that was because we kicked off earlier than them one particular day.

Bizarre how they bang on about it like (a) they were 14pts behind for months rather than hours and (b) falling behind is a strategical masterstroke.

It takes weapons-grade stupidity to believe giving any Guardiola-led sde a double-digit head start is somehow all part of Klopp's cunning plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.