Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pundits on sky are a joke - they have no better understanding than any of us. They keep referring to Liverpools midfield used to bully teams and that isn’t the case. They used to bypass midfield and used the pace of Mane and Salah and the trickery of Firmino to outscore opponents which worked exceptionally for 18 months. They are now trying to play through midfield and that’s their main down fall. Giving the ball away cheaply and exposing the back 4 who are now reliant on a 30 year old VVD.

The pundits on sky are a joke - they have no better understanding than any of us. They keep referring to Liverpools midfield used to bully teams and that isn’t the case. They used to bypass midfield and used the pace of Mane and Salah and the trickery of Firmino to outscore opponents which worked exceptionally for 18 months. They are now trying to play through midfield and that’s their main down fall. Giving the ball away cheaply and exposing the back 4 who are now reliant on a 30 year old VVD.
I’ll be kind to them and assume they meant their work rate and pressing. They’re too old nowadays to do that, hence their lack of continued intensity.

Scott Parker got sacked having lost to us, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Klopp’s just lost to Forest and Leeds.

Tick tock.

He’s run them into the ground with a very limited squad despite spending a lot of money. How Henderson and Milner haven’t been replaced is staggering

The pundits on sky are a joke - they have no better understanding than any of us. They keep referring to Liverpools midfield used to bully teams and that isn’t the case. They used to bypass midfield and used the pace of Mane and Salah and the trickery of Firmino to outscore opponents which worked exceptionally for 18 months.

They not only have no better understanding than any of us, despite being largely ex-professional footballers, they appear to have less. Who couldn't see that they bypassed the midfield unless, of course, they wilfully "didn't notice".

Still a long way to go, but I can't see them overcoming the deficit. I am not convinced at all by Chelsea and Spurs don't have the steely commitment, so maybe Arsenal and the Geordies? I think it might be too soon for Newcastle: in a year or two, definitely. Arsenal might stay the pace but somehow I doubt it.

Barring some catastrophic collapse I would say it's ours again.

There a drugs cabinet slower

If this was a pro cyclist or athlete who's form dropped so much their sports journalist would be looking into this. Our press/media nothing.
Abit like Leicesters win the season before and after their running stats were way of the season they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.