Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what i was screaming at the telly. They had 3 dogs of war in midfield, bypassed it as you say Wimbledon style with 2 exceptional forwards in Salah/Mane with Frimino knitting it all together. These 3 in midfield protected the back 4 which made them seem top class. Compare that to how open City play and the fact we were close to them in goals conceded is astounding

Now they have changed this, they are exposed and people should be realising their back 4 aren't quite what they were built up to be!!

This should be clear to the so called “experts” as its plainly obvious… its basic stuff. But this is what happens when you employ biased pundits

Said the same for ages. They went direct, or got it to the full backs who the. went direct.

Both centre halves we protected by Fabinho. Then the other two jobbing midfielders covered which ever fullback went forward.

They basically played 5 players to destroy or defend. Teams have worked out the huge gaping holes that are left now as their midfield have lost their legs and their full backs can’t defend the space behind them and not can the midfielders anymore.

There’s far too much sentiment in their decision making. What the fuck Milner & Henderson are still doing there is any ones guess.

They just didn’t need nunez. They should invested in their midfield. Even if the took a gamble on the lad from Sporting that we looked at that went to Wolves. They really needed more energy. They haven’t addressed it. So next summer, they need to replaced 5/6 players.

Just been to Angelsey for a week. Nearly everyone there is a dipper. Was sat waiting for the Mrs outside a shop when 5 kids came round the corner all in full dipper kit. Oldest will have been about 9. Next thing 2 sets of parents come round the corner & both the male adults werein full kits as well. One of them saw me sat with a City sweatshirt on and said to the kids to keep away from the nasty man. Just shook my head in despair

Anyone else notice VVD lack of mobility and indecision on a number of occasions yesterday? That injury has affected him both physically and mentally. At one point he went to put a foot in and didn't seem to trust his body and he stopped short of ghe tackle. It wasn't even where he had to stretch but it would hVe been a considerable down force through it and he certainly stopped short of the tackle and backed out
Very much so
I've heard he takes regular pain killing injection into his knee to get him through games

Just been to Angelsey for a week. Nearly everyone there is a dipper. Was sat waiting for the Mrs outside a shop when 5 kids came round the corner all in full dipper kit. Oldest will have been about 9. Next thing 2 sets of parents come round the corner & both the male adults werein full kits as well. One of them saw me sat with a City sweatshirt on and said to the kids to keep away from the nasty man. Just shook my head in despair

Lol great lol

You have to feel sorry for the Scousers. Subjected to such vile scenes last night with visiting supporters in possession of England flags and various Yorkshire gentlemen resplendent in Union Jack bowler hats.
Surely the club is going to submit a complaint to the Football Association and maybe even Mr. Sunak himself. I’m sure the Echo is on the case as we speak.

I've spent quite a bit of time on Anglesey. It's absolutely RIDDLED with Dipper's, as is most of North Wales to be fair.

The elephant in the room is they sold Mane, who would get them goals when they were up against it.

Instead, they wrongly gave £400k a week to Salah, rather than cash in on him at the final opportunity to do so.

They ignored Mane's contractual situation for too long.

Fabinho is also nowhere near the player he was hyped up to be, and also ignored Wijnaldum and saw him walk.

Milner, Henderson, Thiago?

They are over the hill.

They can't afford Bellingham and other players.
Thiago was fantastic yesterday tbf but his issue is staying on the pitch.

It's actually a perfect storm of their own making, carried away by the hype and arrogance of their shite club.

Currently in for tens of millions of pounds on a stadium expansion, whilst assuming a top-four finish was a gimme...

They will have a serious cash shortfall and players they can't recoup decent money for.

And an owner who isn't going to spend the £200m they need for at least four top players.
Don't talk daft. They've still got at least £200m of the Coutinho money left :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.