Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This side is finished, defensively they are vulnerable and midfield as we all know is ageing, slow and in decline. I suspect they will improve after the world cup, but to beaten by 2 relegation threatened sides in successive weeks is embarrassing.

I think Klopp will now target the cups and go all out to win the CL. One part of me would love to draw them in the CL, but not I sure I can cope with all the off the field toxic shit you get when you play the Dippers.
You just can't concentrate on the CL, you need form going into these cup games or else you are going to get beaten.

Anyone else notice VVD lack of mobility and indecision on a number of occasions yesterday? That injury has affected him both physically and mentally. At one point he went to put a foot in and didn't seem to trust his body and he stopped short of ghe tackle. It wasn't even where he had to stretch but it would hVe been a considerable down force through it and he certainly stopped short of the tackle and backed out
World Cup mode…

Klopp's going nowhere. It's a blip. No way will FSG let him go. He's done an awesome job there an let's face it, but for us they'd have won a few more titles. Someone done a great post about them being broken as they've had to hang on to our coat tails - that's bang on. They were fucking desperately close to winning all 4 trophies last season.

He's there for a good while yet - maybe back to back seasons out of the CL given the loss of money??

Correct. I can't stand him or Liverpool but he's done a great job and built a bloody good side. They could easily win the champions league this year as we saw they can raise their game for the big matches.

The elephant in the room is they sold Mane, who would get them goals when they were up against it.

Instead, they wrongly gave £400k a week to Salah, rather than cash in on him at the final opportunity to do so.

They ignored Mane's contractual situation for too long.

Fabinho is also nowhere near the player he was hyped up to be, and also ignored Wijnaldum and saw him walk.

Milner, Henderson, Thiago?

They are over the hill.

They can't afford Bellingham and other players.
Their midfield has never been particularly creative, but at least Wijnaldum, Keita and Henderson had energy and legs. Their current midfield 3 of Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson is old, slow and as yesterday proved is being out run by most opponents.

The elephant in the room is they sold Mane, who would get them goals when they were up against it.

Instead, they wrongly gave £400k a week to Salah, rather than cash in on him at the final opportunity to do so.

Fabinho is also nowhere near the player he was hyped up to be, and also ignored Wijnaldum and saw him walk.

They are over the hill.

Just played golf this morning with two scouse fans, both convinced that Bellingham is a done deal to them, lol.

It's actually a perfect storm of their own making, carried away by the hype and arrogance of their shite club.

Currently in for tens of millions of pounds on a stadium expansion, whilst assuming a top-four finish was a gimme...

They will have a serious cash shortfall and players they can't recoup decent money for.

And an owner who isn't going to spend the £200m they need for at least four top players.

They are over the hill.

Isn’t the Elephant in the room Michael Edwards & City scouting database.

Their midfield has never been particularly creative, but at least Wijnaldum, Keita and Henderson had energy and legs. Their current midfield 3 of Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson is old, slow and as yesterday proved is being out run by most opponents.
Ah, but they’ve always got “Milly”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.