Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dippers will be in for a rude awakening, Napoli Ultras are fucking mental. I was in Sorrento a few years back and our driver told me a few stories of his past - off the radar!

I remember them trying to kick it off outside Mary Ds back in 2011 when we first played in the champions league. Belt buckles in hand whilst the police vans rocked up.

Heysel wasn't a tragedy it was a crime, so was smashing our bus and countless other crimes your brethren commit.
It was a crime AND a tragedy. The crime of manslaughter was committed, and supporters were accused, found guilty and subsequently did time for it. The chants don’t bother me - as someone who was at home on the day I’m as guilty as you. But it was also a tragedy in which relatives lost loved ones and that’s not something I’d personally use to score cheap points over at a footy match.

Football fans are what they are though, so I don’t expect it to change. It’ll always be ‘fair game’ and young lads who weren’t even born when it happened so have little idea of the true horror of the day will sing their songs and feel like they’ve ‘got one over on the “scouse scum”’.

That probably sounds a bit sanctimonious (as sanctimonious as oppo fans pretend to be about Heysel) and will get the usual replies, but I’m just telling it how it is. All of that doesn’t mean I don’t feel some sense of shame, certainly a great sense of sadness for their loss. I know how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.