Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he realised at the time of writing that how much it would come back to bite him on the arse ?

And funny how it was “a good thing” when the dippers were kicking holes in the breeze block walls to ‘jib in’.

Tony Evans again from, explaining how victimised they are (I wonder why that is?)

https://www.the42.ie/tony-evans-on-heysel-ban-liverpool-3899431-Mar2018/

How significant was the mainstream media’s role in how hooliganism and the people of Liverpool in general were perceived?

The accent was criminalised. You should have tried to spend a £20 note in London in the mid-80s with a Scouse accent. Blimey. They examine it, hold it up to the light, show it to their mates and then they wouldn’t want to take it.

They assumed you were a criminal. They assumed that you were on the rob. Basically, they de-humanised us. We were untrustworthy, we were dangerous, it’s bizarre, it’s mad, but the roots of it are in bigotry. They stretch it back to the anti-Irishness of the late 18th and early 19th century.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.

Tony Evans again from, explaining how victimised they are (I wonder why that is?)

https://www.the42.ie/tony-evans-on-heysel-ban-liverpool-3899431-Mar2018/

How significant was the mainstream media’s role in how hooliganism and the people of Liverpool in general were perceived?

The accent was criminalised. You should have tried to spend a £20 note in London in the mid-80s with a Scouse accent. Blimey. They examine it, hold it up to the light, show it to their mates and then they wouldn’t want to take it.

They assumed you were a criminal. They assumed that you were on the rob. Basically, they de-humanised us. We were untrustworthy, we were dangerous, it’s bizarre, it’s mad, but the roots of it are in bigotry. They stretch it back to the anti-Irishness of the late 18th and early 19th century.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.

If only London. Birmingham & Manchester had Irish migrants dating back to the Potato famine.

Ffs he’d got a proper chip on his shoulder.

If only London. Birmingham & Manchester had Irish migrants dating back to the Potato famine.

Yup, it reads that scousers don't like anyone else because they are plastic Irish. I wonder if the Irish that live in Ireland are embarrassed about them?

Unbelievable really, if he’d have been Scottish spending Scottish money I’d definitely see his point, but I bet most people had their money checked in this way, he just chose to play the victim card, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.