Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Evans again from, explaining how victimised they are (I wonder why that is?)

https://www.the42.ie/tony-evans-on-heysel-ban-liverpool-3899431-Mar2018/

How significant was the mainstream media’s role in how hooliganism and the people of Liverpool in general were perceived?

The accent was criminalised. You should have tried to spend a £20 note in London in the mid-80s with a Scouse accent. Blimey. They examine it, hold it up to the light, show it to their mates and then they wouldn’t want to take it.

They assumed you were a criminal. They assumed that you were on the rob. Basically, they de-humanised us. We were untrustworthy, we were dangerous, it’s bizarre, it’s mad, but the roots of it are in bigotry. They stretch it back to the anti-Irishness of the late 18th and early 19th century.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.
So by that mentality them bricking our bus was down to the potato famine?

It's NEVER their fault

What a f*cking weapon.

Yup, it reads that scousers don't like anyone else because they are plastic Irish. I wonder if the Irish that live in Ireland are embarrassed about them?
The Irish who live in England are as well…
There’s a definite school of thought that only the laziest and least resourceful migrants stayed put in the first town where the boat landed

Unbelievable really, if he’d have been Scottish spending Scottish money I’d definitely see his point, but I bet most people had their money checked in this way, he just chose to play the victim card, yet again.
A £20 note in the mid 80s is the equivalent of spending a £50 nite in a boozer now, do you think he feels all victimised these days if bar staff or shop workers check £50 notes.
I worked in a major bookshop in the early 2000s and we had to check every note with either the magic pen thing or the UV light boxes we had, accent and appearance were irrelevant.
File all this bullshit under the usual Scouse victim seeking, history rewriting cobblers they use to self mythologise and excuse themselves.

Tony Evans again from, explaining how victimised they are (I wonder why that is?)

How significant was the mainstream media’s role in how hooliganism and the people of Liverpool in general were perceived?

The accent was criminalised. You should have tried to spend a £20 note in London in the mid-80s with a Scouse accent. Blimey. They examine it, hold it up to the light, show it to their mates and then they wouldn’t want to take it.

They assumed you were a criminal. They assumed that you were on the rob. Basically, they de-humanised us. We were untrustworthy, we were dangerous, it’s bizarre, it’s mad, but the roots of it are in bigotry. They stretch it back to the anti-Irishness of the late 18th and early 19th century.

And they stretch it back to the potato famine and Liverpool’s increasingly separate identity after the famine from the other English cities that surrounded it. The roots of all the suspicion and invective lie there.
Absolute comedy fucking gold.

I see that Conte has even been banned from the Haringey changing rooms for three matches. What was the difference between Klopp's indelicate language and Conte's? I wonder if these managers spoke in their mother tongues they'd get away with a lot. I suppose if Pep approached the fourth official with a beaming smile and emptied the full Catalan lexicon of foul language he'd be done. There'd be every fucker in the press box with just one CSE in pottery between 'em would have it translated into the King's English (see what I did there, yer Dipper bastards!) before the teams had got back in the changing room.
Because it's UEFA not the PL.

They are genuinely insane.

It’s absolutely ludicrous how fucked up they are in the head.

Imagine behaving as they do and then inventing so much to excuse the real reasons everyone hates you.

They’re the one’s desperate to bring politics into football.

Weirdos to a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.