Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is questioning that Salah isn't a great player but what we are questioning is the finances involved.

Liverpool have completely smashed their wage structure and have almost doubled his wages. You don't think players like Van Dijk ect are going to be on the phone to their agents asking for parity?

Just like the rags in 2010 when they smashed their wage structure to keep Rooney Liverpool have left themselves exposed to players demanding what they want.

They already have the 5th highest wage bill in world football and I would imagine by the end of next season they will be higher.

FSG are used to low balling in business and this is Uncharted Territory for them
Perhaps I misheard but Sky this morning seemed to be saying that Nunez is on similar money to Salah? They didn't specify whether it was his new deal or the old one but I'd presume the new one?

20220702_212441.jpg

We ain't getting this level of PR unless we send a whole new generation of City fans to sit on editorial boards of top media houses gradually in next 30yrs, not just in UK but across the globe.

When we won the league last year there was not even a picture in Indian newspapers, just a side article. When Atletico won the league (Laliga not even broadcast in India on TV btw) they had a half page article. Surely it can't be a coincidence, nobody even supports Atletico here. City should do something about it, since we have clubs around the world. Throw your weight around and these media houses will fall in line.

It’s not as straightforward as that. He’ll decline in a couple of years, just like Sergio did, but they’ll still get a couple of years out of him as a top striker. To suggest otherwise is allowing hope to triumph over reality. The third year will be viewed by the club as the trade off for the first two, as he wasn’t going to sign for only two imo.

I just think looking at last season, he was showing signs of not giving 100% and the danger was not always there,
strikers are a different breed of player and age and injuries and fitness take its toll, and they lose something and notice it straight away,

30-year-old striker vs 30-year-old midfield player ? well the drop-off will be quick

It’s not as straightforward as that. He’ll decline in a couple of years, just like Sergio did, but they’ll still get a couple of years out of him as a top striker. To suggest otherwise is allowing hope to triumph over reality. The third year will be viewed by the club as the trade off for the first two, as he wasn’t going to sign for only two imo.
That’s pretty much nailed it. I heard someone say it was never about wages, the FSG vultures were always going to pay him £400k a week, it was the length of contract, he wanted four years, they wanted two, so they met in the middle.

I don't think Liverpool really had a choice with regard Salah and his new contract/wages.

Them losing both Mane and Salah would have had the cult in complete meltdown.

Mane would have wanted the same money as Salah too so him departing has probably given them less of a headache.

Salah is undoubtedly a top player, probably in the top 5 in world football if we're being honest but there were signs towards the end of last season that maybe his best form is behind him.

I feel Liverpool have stayed the same while we've clearly got stronger based on the transfer window so far. Sign a proper left back and a replacement for Raheem if he leaves and I can't see Liverpool running us close next season.

Winning 3 Premier League titles on the bounce would be fantastic and I imagine the rest are wondering how to stop us winning not only next seasons title but the 2 or 3 after too. This could be a historic few seasons for us and Pep.

I wonder if Salah was just waiting to see if Mane left and when he did Salah was quite happy to stay. Not sure if there was anything in Salah and Mane getting on but it could have been a factor.

£400K per week, let's have a think about that for a minute..!

OK, what you have to remember here is that since Salad rocked up at dipper central, taking into account all the goals, the golden boot winning performances, man of the match awards, dubious, arms thrown in the air whilst dropping to the floor like he's just been decapitated shenanigans to 'win' penalties on an all too regular basis both him and the rest of his teammates, not forgetting the gurning German have been left chasing shadows when it comes to the serious matter of being viewed as the best team in England..

I'm sure a reminder is not needed to confirm that the best front 3 in the PL were once again outscored by a team sporting no recognised number 9..

Crazy to think that they are a team who have had the bulk of their players picked for the PL team of the year, their manager chosen as the best manager of the year and the media, coupled with ex dipper players and sycophants constantly telling one and all how wonderful it is to have the dippers dining at the top table.

Not forgetting the constant reminders that get wheeled out, banging on that the dippers have..

The best goalie
The best fullbacks
The best centre half
Best holding and attacking midfielders
The red arrows up front, albeit one has fcuked off and has now landed in Germany
The best Manager
The best, most knowledgeable fans
The best owners
Net spend champions
Best transfer window 2022/23
Best Atmosphere
Best 5 2 3 ditty

Taking all that into account, one must surely then conclude that one league title in 30 odd years is such a disappointing return..

League titles define the great teams from the rabble..

To win 4 of the last 5 in the hardest, most competitive league in the world would be a phenomenal achievement..

For all the smoke and mirrors surrounding the dippers, this level of success appears to be well beyond them..

However, if they somehow managed to win say, 4 of the next 5 PL titles then no-one could argue against them being labelled as the best of the best..

Be some fkin team to pull that level of success off to be honest though..

To be fair, I don't recall hearing, seeing or reading about such a feat being accomplished in the modern era..

Sounds near impossible to achieve to me..

If it was, you could guarantee the team that did it would surely be lauded to the heavens by the usual media suspects..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.