Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I was missing something. I hate Liverpool as the next man. But Henderson seems a decent bloke in all fairness. I hope he’s not slaughtered wrongly..
What was this about?

The tweet that was posted is 'unavailable'

Yep - not exactly Mentality Monsters

These cunts don't understand what being a real fan is about

City fans that have stayed committed through decades of yo-yoing are proper fans
A couple of scousers I know talk about their “dark times” during the 1990s.

They wouldn’t know hardship as a fan if it bit them in the arse.

What was this about?

The tweet that was posted is 'unavailable'
It's all noise at the moment, and the usual culture warriors on all sides are getting stuck in.

All we know is that Gabriel was clearly upset by something Henderson said, the ref reported it to the managers, and that has now been reported to the FA who are investigating. The assumption is Gabriel thinks he heard something racist in nature, but the microphones didn't pick it up. So everyone is going off photographs and video of the footage. We will know when there has been an investigation.

The reason that I think that it will be a long time away for us is that we seem to have an approach that is different to the 'istree teams - we carry on investing when we are at the top
So did Chelsea and the rags, Liverpool spent a pile in the 90s as well, we'll fuck it up sooner or later, let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

Yep, until the rags left them in the dust, they were matching their spending pound for pound. When the rags broke the British transfer record for Andy Cole, the dippers responded by breaking it again with Stan Collymore 6 months later. And that single example illustrates why they won fuck all. Not because they spent less, because they spent badly.
I am talking about these decades though

The rags have invested massively - but that was Woodward who knows fuck all about football - and the Scouse have not invested whilst doing well

And you mention:

"Eventually we'll spend badly too. Txiki won't be here forever........."

Thats is why I said:

"As long as we have the management with the attitudes of the current execs then I think that we are safe - I hope we are as careful about the recruitment of their replacements as we are of key players."

Funny old game isn’t it?

It wasn’t long ago they had the best keeper in the world, the best sub keeper in the world, the best full backs in the world, the best centre back in the world, the best forward line in the world, the best player in the world, the best manager in the world and the best fans in the world.

What happened?

Footballers do this all the time, people are taking the word of a no mark twitter chump as proof?

Unfortunately that is te state of society white on non white must be racism.

I think we can work out from the very angry reaction of the players - not just Gabriel who has the words spoken to him - but of Xhaka and the other Arsenal players that this was not just a run of the mill insult.

Then there’s the fact the referee felt the need to go over to the managers and explain what had happened.

Then there’s the fact PGMOL have referred it to the FA which means it must be a serious accusation.

There’s really only one kind of thing that generates these kind of responses.

I doubt there will ever be any proof of what happened though. It’s one man’s word against another’s. The referee wasn’t near enough for his microphone to pick it up, nor were they near the sideline microphones.

Funny old game isn’t it?

It wasn’t long ago they had the best keeper in the world, the best sub keeper in the world, the best full backs in the world, the best centre back in the world, the best forward line in the world, the best player in the world, the best manager in the world and the best fans in the world.

What happened?
City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.