Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually on a non football forum recently where they have sub forums linked to sport and other topics. On the sport forums, the City thread is on 26 pages, Rags up at 250 pages while the Liverpool FC one has a whopping 5,700 pages so I decided to take a peek. Checked out the 10 most recent pages and there's not much debate about the football on it. Just page after page after page of Tories, Tories, Tories and how they've cheated Merseyside over the decades and even one savaging Sunak for not advocating more lockdown which would have saved more Scousers lives.
They really are absolutely beyond help.

The politics forum on here is just the same ;)

Why are we at the point where we sell our arse for investment and money? I don't care a jot if the premier league is outpacing anyone we are what we are and we should be what we are.

Local fans saying they don't want to turn into Disneyland like the rags and the dippers isn't a bad thing, because when the glory goes the only thing left will be tradition and the local fans to prop a club up.
With respect, I think you are looking at this the wrong way.

In essence what the domestic UK market did was grow a beautiful rose in its' garden. The rose was so beautiful it was paraded at flower shows all over the world. People now from around the world want to take some of your seeds and plant them in their market. They aren't trying to take your original plant from you.

Nobody is trying to take anything away from England. Investors and Fans from around the world know the domestic English market is the bedrock of the whole league. People from around the world are saying to you we love what you created, and we want to enjoy it with you. With fan enjoyment comes investors looking to profit off said enjoyment. The new fans, existing fans, and investors synergized together ultimately are what will give City the resources to grow into one of the great European sporting institutions. If you want to regularly compete for the Premier League and Champions League these dollars are vital.

One other thought....City doesn't have to turn into Disneyland. The Glazers chose to run it poorly. City can attract foreign investment without making those mistakes.

In essence what the domestic UK market did was grow a beautiful rose in its' garden. The rose was so beautiful it was paraded at flower shows all over the world. People now from around the world want to take some of your seeds and plant them in their market. They aren't trying to take your original plant from you.

Nobody is trying to take anything away from England. Investors and Fans from around the world know the domestic English market is the bedrock of the whole league. People from around the world are saying to you we love what you created, and we want to enjoy it with you. With fan enjoyment comes investors looking to profit off said enjoyment. The new fans, existing fans, and investors synergized together ultimately are what will give City the resources to grow into one of the great European sporting institutions. If you want to regularly compete for the Premier League and Champions League these dollars are vital.

Don't take this the wrong way but fuck the dollars and fuck the money men that are trying to take the game away via a super league.

Football clubs are about community, lose that and it can fuck right off.

Get on RAWK tonight if City lose.

6x's La!

If City win, don't bother. :-)

One other thought....City doesn't have to turn into Disneyland. The Glazers chose to run it poorly. City can attract foreign investment without making those mistakes.

Don't take this the wrong way but fuck the dollars and fuck the money men that are trying to take the game away via a super league.

Football clubs are about community, lose that and it can fuck right off.
I agree on the Super League. I don't think the English clubs should lose their connection to the UK domestic market. The Super League is a bad idea in my view.

I see a lot of "tourists, fans" when I walk from east stand to family stand after a game to meet my son. They are all there taking photos of themselves with the empty pitch as a backdrop. So I understand why so many moan as these "tourists, fans" never leave early so one of the main moaning posts of people leaving early would be done away with, thank god. We could even do a song,
Tourists, we stay till the end
We stay to the end
Bring in the tourists
They stay till the end;-)

Ok, again, where did I say that I hate all scousers? Can anybody quote me as saying that I hate all scousers...NO!
I am speaking from my own viewpoint and that is that the scousers I have met I haven't liked. Does anybody seriously think I would hate the entire populace of a city based on a few individuals that I didn't get on with?

If and when I meet a Liverpudlian that I like then I will have to say I've only met one that I like.
Don't know why your are having a go at me mate. I was just saying that's your point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.