Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Yes. Let us hope that we never forget our history. Youngsters today don’t know just how bad we were. Be humble, but win.
Having lived through the decline courtesy of Swales, our current success gives an old fart like me enormous joy.
How could we ever forget. Having started going to first team games in 1973 all I ever saw City win was a poxy League Cup in 76 and after that, apart from runners up in the league in 77 and a Wembley visit in 81, was numerous relegations. The kids now don't know how lucky they are. It should never be taken for granted. Luckily my three sons are always reminded by me as how poor we were and whilst we hope this period lasts for ad long as possible they know that failure is always around to corner and it can all change.

How could we ever forget. Having started going to first team games in 1973 all I ever saw City win was a poxy League Cup in 76 and after that, apart from runners up in the league in 77 and a Wembley visit in 81, was numerous relegations. The kids now don't know how lucky they are. It should never be taken for granted. Luckily my three sons are always reminded by me as how poor we were and whilst we hope this period lasts for ad long as possible they know that failure is always around to corner and it can all change.

The only way it can change now is if the authorities change the goal posts completely and throw us out, we are too deep into this for anything to happen to us organically.

Our owner if he sells will only sell to money even that wont happen, failing Armageddon we are in pole position.

I hate to admit it, but the rags did try to tell us. I grew up in Eccles amongst match going reds and they despised them with a passion. I didn't mind them too much because they were one of the only teams who threatened Baconface's United. My word, I've changed my view on them. If United would've knocked us out in the FA Cup Quarter Final and played Liverpool at Wembley, I'd have wanted United to win it.
Is that not a bit of a myth that they threatened bacon face rag side.
I don't think the rags threatened then that much as well when the dippers were top dogs.

One Covid* title.

Three runners up spots.

The most goals from outside the box trophy.

The nett spend trophy.

The most fans jibbing in to a Champions League final trophy.
The trophy parade on anniversary of a tragedy involving them cup.

I hate to admit it, but the rags did try to tell us. I grew up in Eccles amongst match going reds and they despised them with a passion. I didn't mind them too much because they were one of the only teams who threatened Baconface's United. My word, I've changed my view on them. If United would've knocked us out in the FA Cup Quarter Final and played Liverpool at Wembley, I'd have wanted United to win it.
Wow - this describes me totally - even the growing up in Eccles part;-)

We as a club were formed a full 12 years before liverpool.

15 years before Barcelona

21 years before Real Madrid

But we have no history, it's a fabricated lie meant to demean but it's a provable falsehood.
All those away games in 98/99 were a part of our history that I am so proud to have experienced - great days - and then the play-off final.

Such treasured memories and I am glad to have had those experiences - and the decades before - but fuck I am so glad to have experienced the last 15 years as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.