Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem won’t come from the sheikh or local fanbase it will come from Out of Town, foreign and tourist fans.. what happend with Liverpool was we had a very very strong local support much like Citys.. you have all seen the old Kop swaying and singing to the Beatles on the old BBC clip in the 60s.. when the success came in the 70s and 80s the City unfortunately suffered from hardship like a lot of other towns and City’s across the country and fans struggled to afford to go.. this is when Liverpool were at there height winning Leagues and old European Cups.. attendences averaged about 34k.. the old Chief exec And chairmen started lifting the Clubs skirt to overseas support and that’s why the club are so big in Norway, Ireland and Scandanavia.. when SKY kicked off the interest went through the roof.. no standing up meant fans had to pay extra for a seat which priced out locals further and brought in even more outside fans.. there was a recent survey done and it was found out of Liverpool’s average 54k attendence only 6.5k had local postcodes... local kids growing up in the city can’t go to watch Liverpool so they support Everton or maybe Tranmere as they can go and actually watch them live... each Saturday or Sunday when Liverpool play you will see dads taking there kids to there local pubs with there football shirts on to watch the match and when you get to Anfield you will be lucky to hear a scouse accent.. listen I really really hope it’s doesn’t happen to you and you manage to keep your local identity but am afraid success makes it impossible.. gloryhunters will always follow and want to be associated with winning brands... we will see anyway..
At their height.
34K attendances.
LOL!

The problem won’t come from the sheikh or local fanbase it will come from Out of Town, foreign and tourist fans.. what happend with Liverpool was we had a very very strong local support much like Citys.. you have all seen the old Kop swaying and singing to the Beatles on the old BBC clip in the 60s.. when the success came in the 70s and 80s the City unfortunately suffered from hardship like a lot of other towns and City’s across the country and fans struggled to afford to go.. this is when Liverpool were at there height winning Leagues and old European Cups.. attendences averaged about 34k.. the old Chief exec And chairmen started lifting the Clubs skirt to overseas support and that’s why the club are so big in Norway, Ireland and Scandanavia.. when SKY kicked off the interest went through the roof.. no standing up meant fans had to pay extra for a seat which priced out locals further and brought in even more outside fans.. there was a recent survey done and it was found out of Liverpool’s average 54k attendence only 6.5k had local postcodes... local kids growing up in the city can’t go to watch Liverpool so they support Everton or maybe Tranmere as they can go and actually watch them live... each Saturday or Sunday when Liverpool play you will see dads taking there kids to there local pubs with there football shirts on to watch the match and when you get to Anfield you will be lucky to hear a scouse accent.. listen I really really hope it’s doesn’t happen to you and you manage to keep your local identity but am afraid success makes it impossible.. gloryhunters will always follow and want to be associated with winning brands... we will see anyway..

Our identity might change a bit with success, but given we've won 7 out of the last 12 leagues, and multiple cups, we're already fairly successful, and I don't see a bit of difference in our fans other than social media which shouldn't be used as a barometer of identity.

Supporting this team has had it's up and downs, but the one constant to me is the support. New fans come with success, but our local base is so strong and has been there through everything, and is supported by our owners. If success is the only qualifier for supporting a team, as a Salfordian, as was my father, we'd of both been supporting United.

Suppose we'll see, like you say. Weird how we'll be overrun by gloryhunters whilst simultaneously not being able to fill our stadium mind. Schrodingers gloryhunters, maybe? (Not saying you said this, mind, is just something brought up by red shirt teams quite often.)

I’ve a theory (doesn’t apply to everyone) ex pats, fucking twats. You like a lot of others fuck off to leave other members of the family to take responsibility for the people you were brought up with. In some cases it’s understandable and I can’t tar everyone with the same brush but to say Dipper fans in Australia are really knowledgeable is fucking ridiculous, watching on TV and repeating views from Social Media and that toxic and disingenuous site Rawk doesn’t make you knowledgeable, now fuck off, ffs a Teeside Dipper.
id Just like to say you don’t have a clue. I moved to Oz for a much better life, more than served my time with City and am coming back with my 13yr old dyed in the wool blue Aussie lad. Will we be everything you hate when we attend the Brighton game? Don’t confuse everyone with people that couldn’t drop a pin on it.
Twats?

Last edited:
I’ve a theory (doesn’t apply to everyone) ex pats, fucking twats. You like a lot of others fuck off to leave other members of the family to take responsibility for the people you were brought up with. In some cases it’s understandable and I can’t tar everyone with the same brush but to say Dipper fans in Australia are really knowledgeable is fucking ridiculous, watching on TV and repeating views from Social Media and that toxic and disingenuous site Rawk doesn’t make you knowledgeable, now fuck off, ffs a Teeside Dipper.
You need to relax mate. Life’s too short to get that upset by someone you don’t even know. I’m a good honest bloke who gets enjoyment from following a football team and likes to talk football on forums.

When we fucked off (thank you Stuart Pearce) it was to give the kids a better life but I was mindful we won’t be ducking out from looking after the old folks. For 17 years we’ve had both sets of grandparents living with us for 6 weeks every year. I’m telling you Covid was a relief ;) but only cos everyone was fit & healthy. Anyway I’m mindful that we still have it easy & those trips back to watch the blues are the highlight, but it’s as I’ve told many over here it’s easy getting up at 3am to sit on the sofa to watch a game, that’s no badge of honour & you don’t say I’ve never missed a game, you’ve missed it, you’re not there.

Anyway the plus side, the beaches & golf courses are great, the local football is shit.

When we fucked off (thank you Stuart Pearce) it was to give the kids a better life but I was mindful we won’t be ducking out from looking after the old folks. For 17 years we’ve had both sets of grandparents living with us for 6 weeks every year. I’m telling you Covid was a relief ;) but only cos everyone was fit & healthy. Anyway I’m mindful that we still have it easy & those trips back to watch the blues are the highlight, but it’s as I’ve told many over here it’s easy getting up at 3am to sit on the sofa to watch a game, that’s no badge of honour & you don’t say I’ve never missed a game, you’ve missed it, you’re not there.

Anyway the plus side, the beaches & golf courses are great, the local football is shit.
Like I said not everyone and you obviously look after yours. I’ve got friends that have been left on their own to look after aging parents and at our age (60’s) it’s a tough call when it falls to one of the children to do everything. My parents both passed within the past 4 years but I had my sister to help, it was particularly difficult looking after my Dad when my mum passed, we had 3 and a half years of constant daily assistance, it was tough but having my sister’s assistance was vital for my wellbeing. I’m guessing your parents and in laws are not as old as mine were (mid and late 80’s) so you’ve done it for your kids, absolutely no beef with that, it’s just when people bugger off at an older age when their parents will obviously need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.