Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will take 20 or 25 years before you see a change in your fanbase,, winning 10 Leagues in 12 or 15 years is great but you will need to add another 3 or 4 Champions Leagues which I think you will to that for Gloryhunters to really start jumping on the bandwagon. The problem Liverpool had which I am hoping won’t happen to you is that when the success comes you keep your ticket prices low.. this will be key to maintaining your local fanbase.. if you can do that over next 10 or 15 years then you will protect the younger future generations of support and also help the locals who struggle with rising costs.. Liverpool never done this, they actively persued Out of Town and foreign fans back in the day, when season tickets become available they automatically go overseas or outside the City which leaves you in the situation the club is now with just 6.5k locals in a 54k stadium.

Think the horse has already bolted on ticket prices when they are charging north of £65 for home games. We have a CEO obsessed with putting hospitality lounges and areas in the ground which has resulted in supporters being moved out of seats they have probably sat in since the move to the new ground. A season ticket in the Tunnel club at £15,000 a year certainly isn’t marketed at us lot who are used to more humble surroundings that was the Gene Kelly stand at Maine Road.

The Haaland effect has seen ticket demand shoot up, people want to see him play and rightly so. A couple of seasons ago individual match tickets would go onto general sale, now they don’t. Real Madrid at home last season was sold out in minutes.

It’s going to get harder for younger generation supporters to get into it due to the cost and the hurdles you have to jump through to get a ticket. It’s not like 25-30 years ago when you could get dropped off on match day as a kid and go pay £5 to go in the Kippax. That’s the price of success I suppose.

Just saw the goals. Those "defenders" really made it easy for Nunez. Weird Newcastle didn't put a decent bid in for a top defender like Laporte
The defenders practically played a through ball for him. If those defenders had better control nunez wouldn't have scored. I find it more of newcastle throwing it away than giddypool clawing back a win. They were put on a plate for nunez. Just pisses me off hes now made out to be a ballon d'or candidate!!

Think the horse has already bolted on ticket prices when they are charging north of £65 for home games. We have a CEO obsessed with putting hospitality lounges and areas in the ground which has resulted in supporters being moved out of seats they have probably sat in since the move to the new ground. A season ticket in the Tunnel club at £15,000 a year certainly isn’t marketed at us lot who are used to more humble surroundings that was the Gene Kelly stand at Maine Road.

The Haaland effect has seen ticket demand shoot up, people want to see him play and rightly so. A couple of seasons ago individual match tickets would go onto general sale, now they don’t. Real Madrid at home last season was sold out in minutes.

It’s going to get harder for younger generation supporters to get into it due to the cost and the hurdles you have to jump through to get a ticket. It’s not like 25-30 years ago when you could get dropped off on match day as a kid and go pay £5 to go in the Kippax. That’s the price of success I suppose.
When I purchased my first season ticket for Maine Road - 99/00 season - I had no trouble at all.

Quite the contrary; there were plenty available.

Not a chance nowadays.

The imbecilic Littlewoods fan at work claimed today that van Dijkhead didn’t touch Isak at all; he got the ball.

As my dear old Dad used to say, there’s none so blind as those, who won’t see.

When I purchased my first season ticket for Maine Road - 99/00 season - I had no trouble at all.

Not a chance nowadays.
I forgot to add that when Mrs Vienna and I got our first SCs together at Etihad in 2007, we had no problem, and even if couple of years later, when we wanted to relocate, it was easy enough.

If Sutcliffe is denied a move to Saudi I wouldn't put it past him to go "on strike"

The media silence will be deafening if he does.
If this is true (from BBC Gossip) they would be stupid not to accept as way way above what he is worth:
Al-Ittihad are ready to test Liverpool's resolve with a $162m (£129m) bid for Mohamed Salah, despite the Reds insisting the 31-year-old Egypt forward is not for sale

If this is true (from BBC Gossip) they would be stupid not to accept as way way above what he is worth:
Al-Ittihad are ready to test Liverpool's resolve with a $162m (£129m) bid for Mohamed Salah, despite the Reds insisting the 31-year-old Egypt forward is not for sale
New courtinho money that.

They'll miss him if he goes but you can't turn down that amount for a 31 year old

Not a chance nowadays.
Yeah they were the Days.. I walked up to the window in 1985 and bought a season ticket for the Kemlyn Road stand the week of the new season.. average attendence was about 35k but there again United was only about 41k.
Reading some of the above posts is sad reading if posters are telling me they have already started increasing ticket prices and messing around with areas of the ground to maximise corporate. I will tell you how it gradually falls and what happend in my situation.. you go the match with your mates, all sit next to each other or close by.. season by season the more popular you get with success you attract more gloryhunters and bandwagon fans.. the club increases tickets prices.. your 10 or 15 mates you go with and meet in the pub before or after games will drop off.. priced out.. it will drop to about 8.. then 4 or 5 you will be spread out some sitting in different stands the local you sat next to will end up being foreign or from Out of Town.. don’t try to talk to him about the pies in the old Kippax.. Georgie Kinkladze or what was in last night Manchester Evening News as you will get a blank look...

Just for the record Van Djike was a straight red.. Arnold was also a sending off however it shouldn’t of got that far because Gordon should of been punished for the foul beforehand.

Yeah they were the Days.. I walked up to the window in 1985 and bought a season ticket for the Kemlyn Road stand the week of the new season.. average attendence was about 35k but there again United was only about 41k.
Reading some of the above posts is sad reading if posters are telling me they have already started increasing ticket prices and messing around with areas of the ground to maximise corporate. I will tell you how it gradually falls and what happend in my situation.. you go the match with your mates, all sit next to each other or close by.. season by season the more popular you get with success you attract more gloryhunters and bandwagon fans.. the club increases tickets prices.. your 10 or 15 mates you go with and meet in the pub before or after games will drop off.. priced out.. it will drop to about 8.. then 4 or 5 you will be spread out some sitting in different stands the local you sat next to will end up being foreign or from Out of Town.. don’t try to talk to him about the pies in the old Kippax.. Georgie Kinkladze or what was in last night Manchester Evening News as you will get a blank look...

Just for the record Van Djike was a straight red.. Arnold was also a sending off however it shouldn’t of got that far because Gordon should of been punished for the foul beforehand.
35,000 average attendance at Anfield in 1985?
Thought it would of been alot less after the ending to the 84/85 season you had.
Not your club's greatest year to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.