Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very interested in how lfc do in their next match. The result the other day for them is usually the emotional catalyst that they require to be able to raise their game.

I'd rather not have them and the media as our rivals this season.

But if so then so be it. We're treble champions!

Like I said not everyone and you obviously look after yours. I’ve got friends that have been left on their own to look after aging parents and at our age (60’s) it’s a tough call when it falls to one of the children to do everything. My parents both passed within the past 4 years but I had my sister to help, it was particularly difficult looking after my Dad when my mum passed, we had 3 and a half years of constant daily assistance, it was tough but having my sister’s assistance was vital for my wellbeing. I’m guessing your parents and in laws are not as old as mine were (mid and late 80’s) so you’ve done it for your kids, absolutely no beef with that, it’s just when people bugger off at an older age when their parents will obviously need help.

I had friends who would be running around after the old folks & get shitty calls from rellies in the states telling them they could do better. It was a lesson learnt but tbh it’s now coming to the point where we’ll need to stand up & do more but we’ve been lucky.

Tough decisions will be needed if & when daily care is needed but we know that.

I had friends who would be running around after the old folks & get shitty calls from rellies in the states telling them they could do better. It was a lesson learnt but tbh it’s now coming to the point where we’ll need to stand up & do more but we’ve been lucky.

Tough decisions will be needed if & when daily care is needed but we know that.
It’s tough but as I said it’s good when people move to give their kids a better life, I’be got a couple of younger blue mates (golf and football pals) who moved to Melbourne, miss them both but they did it for the reasons you did not to duck out of caring for family.

Shows you the whole problem. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see it was a red all day long.
I agree with thr Alexander Arnold thing... def foul and he hardly launched the ball. I think most players would have done the same tbf.. sending off one.a yes for me, fouled last man..deliberately.. just one of those thing CH's sort of do once in a while. We have had a few! A petition though FFS!

The problem won’t come from the sheikh or local fanbase it will come from Out of Town, foreign and tourist fans.. what happend with Liverpool was we had a very very strong local support much like Citys.. you have all seen the old Kop swaying and singing to the Beatles on the old BBC clip in the 60s.. when the success came in the 70s and 80s the City unfortunately suffered from hardship like a lot of other towns and City’s across the country and fans struggled to afford to go.. this is when Liverpool were at there height winning Leagues and old European Cups.. attendences averaged about 34k.. the old Chief exec And chairmen started lifting the Clubs skirt to overseas support and that’s why the club are so big in Norway, Ireland and Scandanavia.. when SKY kicked off the interest went through the roof.. no standing up meant fans had to pay extra for a seat which priced out locals further and brought in even more outside fans.. there was a recent survey done and it was found out of Liverpool’s average 54k attendence only 6.5k had local postcodes... local kids growing up in the city can’t go to watch Liverpool so they support Everton or maybe Tranmere as they can go and actually watch them live... each Saturday or Sunday when Liverpool play you will see dads taking there kids to there local pubs with there football shirts on to watch the match and when you get to Anfield you will be lucky to hear a scouse accent.. listen I really really hope it’s doesn’t happen to you and you manage to keep your local identity but am afraid success makes it impossible.. gloryhunters will always follow and want to be associated with winning brands... we will see anyway..
I totally agree. But realistically professional football clubs at the top end has always been about money and winning...i give yiu Billy Meredithl for us, hardlyba local and complete mercenary..Shankly, Ian ST John et al.. all came to Liverpool because of money primarily.. always been the way in every pro and semi pro club. Hence the nane, does make me support with a twinge of doubt, but re the regeneration.. well for City its been a revelation. Like an old victorian philanthropist is the Sheik

You will soon find out because City will lose its identity due to success just like Liverpool and United did during the day.. loss of identity is the price you pay for success unfortunately. You ask a Liverpool fan around Anfield on a match day who Ian Rush was.. what was the standing Kop and who Bill Shanks and Bob Paisley were and you will get a blank look... they will get there cameras out and carry on eating there minted lamb and prawn sandwiches... haha City have all this to look forward to... the kippax and Colin Bell will be a distant memory in 5 years time if you carry on winning.
Bit different because Liverpool and united never had any culture or identity to begin with.

Soulless clubs built on money and a desperate need to prevent anyone else from competing. People only supported them because they’re won and that’s all they did.
City were the butt of any joke and a true rags to riches story, a motivation to anyone and everyone aspiring for more. They got lucky and so could I.

Plus supporting city isn’t easy either if you start supporting city now you’re already having to defend it against morons from the 115 and claims of sportswashint.
If some idiot from Norway starts supporting Liverpool no one says “well how do you feel about the bricking and the murdering?”
Nor is any braindead undesirable fuck from Belfast who starts to support united getting asked “isn’t it a bit fucked how the club treated the families of those lost in the tragedy?”

Fuck Liverpool and fuck united, two cheeks of the same unwiped arse I absolutely fucking hate them.
Every time I start a new game in football manager the first thing I do is load up the ingame editor and make them insolvent.

We will never be them, we’ll be better. It’s in our DNA.

Our identity might change a bit with success, but given we've won 7 out of the last 12 leagues, and multiple cups, we're already fairly successful, and I don't see a bit of difference in our fans other than social media which shouldn't be used as a barometer of identity.

Supporting this team has had it's up and downs, but the one constant to me is the support. New fans come with success, but our local base is so strong and has been there through everything, and is supported by our owners. If success is the only qualifier for supporting a team, as a Salfordian, as was my father, we'd of both been supporting United.

Suppose we'll see, like you say. Weird how we'll be overrun by gloryhunters whilst simultaneously not being able to fill our stadium mind. Schrodingers gloryhunters, maybe? (Not saying you said this, mind, is just something brought up by red shirt teams quite often.)
It will take 20 or 25 years before you see a change in your fanbase,, winning 10 Leagues in 12 or 15 years is great but you will need to add another 3 or 4 Champions Leagues which I think you will to that for Gloryhunters to really start jumping on the bandwagon. The problem Liverpool had which I am hoping won’t happen to you is that when the success comes you keep your ticket prices low.. this will be key to maintaining your local fanbase.. if you can do that over next 10 or 15 years then you will protect the younger future generations of support and also help the locals who struggle with rising costs.. Liverpool never done this, they actively persued Out of Town and foreign fans back in the day, when season tickets become available they automatically go overseas or outside the City which leaves you in the situation the club is now with just 6.5k locals in a 54k stadium.

It will take 20 or 25 years before you see a change in your fanbase,, winning 10 Leagues in 12 or 15 years is great but you will need to add another 3 or 4 Champions Leagues which I think you will to that for Gloryhunters to really start jumping on the bandwagon. The problem Liverpool had which I am hoping won’t happen to you is that when the success comes you keep your ticket prices low.. this will be key to maintaining your local fanbase.. if you can do that over next 10 or 15 years then you will protect the younger future generations of support and also help the locals who struggle with rising costs.. Liverpool never done this, they actively persued Out of Town and foreign fans back in the day, when season tickets become available they automatically go overseas or outside the City which leaves you in the situation the club is now with just 6.5k locals in a 54k stadium.
It’s already happened mate. City give less than a shit about so called legacy fans. Won’t bore you with details but they would much rather sell a seat to a day tripper for most games even if it means the seat is empty for two or three games season, than have a new season ticket holder in that seat every game. No proper season tickets have been sold since 2021, there’s even a waiting list for entry level corporate.
Guess it goes with the territory .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.