Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are experiencing a mid life crisis. It'll pass ..... a couple of seasons around 8th place you might be able to sleep again.
Probably not that mate to be honest. I've had Parkinsons for the last 10 years. Cant play sport any more to the standard I used to. Watching the Premier Leagie is about as good as it's gonna be for me.

Think Fenway will sell him if they get €150m Klopp will play Nunes on that side where he is better than the other side! Seeing they paid €100m for him they have to get him in the side and selling Salah for 150m is great business, personally I think he is on the downside now..

It’s a funny spot because their first choice option would be to ignore it entirely, but the worst case is delaying and delaying selling him next week after the deadline.

So they have to decide immediately whether to take the money or not, whether Salah can be convinced to stay, and stick to it, because from a sporting perspective £200m 2 weeks from now is much worse than £100m today.

People can slate me all they want...

But we don't overturn this game... Being 1-0 down, with 10 men for most of the game like Liverpool did.

The way we play is very systematic. Our players have to stick to playing in certain zones of the pitch.

Liverpool are a bit more off the cuff than we are... They take more risks.

It's an absolutely fabulous result for Liverpool. Huge character has been shown tonight for them. Still our biggest threat.
55930073-E841-439A-BDB7-DE263E4638AF.jpeg

You will soon find out because City will lose its identity due to success just like Liverpool and United did during the day.. loss of identity is the price you pay for success unfortunately. You ask a Liverpool fan around Anfield on a match day who Ian Rush was.. what was the standing Kop and who Bill Shanks and Bob Paisley were and you will get a blank look... they will get there cameras out and carry on eating there minted lamb and prawn sandwiches... haha City have all this to look forward to... the kippax and Colin Bell will be a distant memory in 5 years time if you carry on winning.

You will soon find out because City will lose its identity due to success just like Liverpool and United did during the day.. loss of identity is the price you pay for success unfortunately. You ask a Liverpool fan around Anfield on a match day who Ian Rush was.. what was the standing Kop and who Bill Shanks and Bob Paisley were and you will get a blank look... they will get there cameras out and carry on eating there minted lamb and prawn sandwiches... haha City have all this to look forward to... the kippax and Colin Bell will be a distant memory in 5 years time if you carry on winning.
It's a chance we're gonna have to take.

It's a chance we're gonna have to take.
To be honest it will only be the older fans it will bother.. was a red fan all my life and am local too but my tipping point came around about when SKY took over and everything I loved about the club slowly ebbed away.
For me supporting a club is all about identity and when a club no longer represents the town or City it plays in or the people it’s supposed to represent then it becomes a franchise much like Pizza Hut or Burger King,, you stop being a fan or a supporter and then become a customer or client.. listen I am on the outside and really enjoy watching City play and some of my fav players last 15 years or so have been City players.. Aguero.. David Silva and ofcorse big YaYa was so happy you did the treble last season and took that achievement away from United and hopefully winning four leagues will also take there three in three years away too...
I would love to be able to ask you older City fans in years to come what do they think about there Club and loss of identity and wether they think it was all worth it.

It’s a funny spot because their first choice option would be to ignore it entirely, but the worst case is delaying and delaying selling him next week after the deadline.

So they have to decide immediately whether to take the money or not, whether Salah can be convinced to stay, and stick to it, because from a sporting perspective £200m 2 weeks from now is much worse than £100m today.

Fenway be happy to sell him in two weeks pocket the lot! It's the American way

To be honest it will only be the older fans it will bother.. was a red fan all my life and am local too but my tipping point came around about when SKY took over and everything I loved about the club slowly ebbed away.
For me supporting a club is all about identity and when a club no longer represents the town or City it plays in or the people it’s supposed to represent then it becomes a franchise much like Pizza Hut or Burger King,, you stop being a fan or a supporter and then become a customer or client.. listen I am on the outside and really enjoy watching City play and some of my fav players last 15 years or so have been City players.. Aguero.. David Silva and ofcorse big YaYa was so happy you did the treble last season and took that achievement away from United and hopefully winning four leagues will also take there three in three years away too...
I would love to be able to ask you older City fans in years to come what do they think about there Club and loss of identity and wether they think it was all worth it.
You may turn out to be right in the long run but I would suggest that City are very different to Liverpool FC. Sheikh Mansour has invested hugely in the city of Manchester helping to regenerate one of its poorest districts. His company, in partnership with the local council has spent hundreds of millions building houses, new schools, new community facilities and infrastructure. This has created thousands of jobs and hundreds of new businesses. The club has always had strong local roots but has never been as embedded with our local community as it is now.
It is a very different business model to the asset stripping one chosen by Fenway Group and other US tycoons like the Glazers. Of course Sheikh Mansour's primary motivation has been to produce wealth (despite all the fake stories about City being state-owned) and so far he has made a huge profits from his investments in the club and the wider city.
At present I am happy to give our owner the benefit of the doubt.

Is this a view you share with other older fans that you know of ?
Genuine question btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.