Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the laughter, scouse fan on 606 last night saying the game is corrupt.

Funny that as I don't seem to recall them saying anything when mane and Salah got penalties for fun in the 19/20 season, everytime they fell over in the box it was given as a penalty.

Suck it up you smelly twats, what goes around comes around.
It works both ways! They're allowed to go back on the inhalers , Tottenham get to turn var off for a few hours!

So England the VAR ref yesterday had been replaced for todays game, as fourth official by Craig “fucking” Pawson. This is a slap in the tits for us, a ref who should have given a second booking to Hwang gets rewarded for bottling a decision.

I’m 100% sure the Dippers will be encouraged to appeal Jone’s red card, the decision to rescind it is almost certainly in the can.

Why do these horrible cunts get so well protected?

Missing KDB, Bernie, Johnny, Rodri, a fit Jack Grealish and Gundo from last season’s treble winning team. Our second string had a bad day yesterday but you mustn’t fall into that “entitled” bracket where you feel every game we lose is shit. We didn’t play well, Wolves got a couple of fluky goals on the break but did a job on us, we accept and move on and hopefully the injured/suspended players/player come back flying.
Fair play to O'Neill.

He got his tactics spot on, and fully deserved the victory.

We had no imagination nor invention to break them down, though Hwang shouldn’t have been on the pitch to score the winner.

Other than that, we can’t have any complaints.

So England the VAR ref yesterday had been replaced for todays game, as fourth official by Craig “fucking” Pawson. This is a slap in the tits for us, a ref who should have given a second booking to Hwang gets rewarded for bottling a decision.

I’m 100% sure the Dippers will be encouraged to appeal Jone’s red card, the decision to rescind it is almost certainly in the can.

Why do these horrible cunts get so well protected?
There's no way that will get overturned. There's a bit of discussion about being "unlucky" as he "slid" over the ball, but given the positioning, that's nonsense - he was nowhere near making proper contact with the ball, and so was coming down with his studs high on the opponent.

But really - in what way are they being protected, given that they had a goal incorrectly ruled out, and, while Jota was daft to make that second tackle, the first one was a mistake?

Apparently, yesterday's refereeing performance came as a result of dodgy payments from City's owners

Spent some time calling out conspiracy nutters over a cup of coffee this morning

Jet lag from flying to the UAE that’s fucking hilarious it’s a seven hour flight. It’s not like they were flying to Tokyo. They were officiating a match with Sharjah involved, do they not understand how the UAE works? Sharjah is it’s own emirate and nothing to do with Abu Dhabi, so how is that anything to do with our owner?

I can't disagree with either of the red cards. Curtis Jones may have only got a yellow from some refs but the tackle was high, reckless and lacking control so a yellow would have been lenient. Jota was unfortunate with the first yellow but having got that yellow he was asking for a second to commit a second, clear yellow card offence. Where Liverpool must really feel outraged was the decision to rule out Dias's goal for offside without any "lines". The initial decision was wrong, VAR's confirmation of that decision was incomprehensible ... or corrupt. This is how it feels to be City...

There's no way that will get overturned. There's a bit of discussion about being "unlucky" as he "slid" over the ball, but given the positioning, that's nonsense - he was nowhere near making proper contact with the ball, and so was coming down with his studs high on the opponent.

But really - in what way are they being protected, given that they had a goal incorrectly ruled out, and, while Jota was daft to make that second tackle, the first one was a mistake?
We’ll see, I’m predicting compensation for the non goal. They are generally protected and given apologies, did we get one for Rashford’s goal last season? Did we fuck.

I don’t remember the same level of indignation when Sterling scored against them and VAR ruled the goal out using a frame that suited the narrative or even the Champions League game going g back a few seasons where they got away with VAR decisions.

They have already had Mac Alistairs red rescinded this season and there are calls for Jones to go the same way, I’ll be surprised if it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.