Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is a player from a relegation fodder German team is better than Caicedo. Was Caicedo over-rated or Chelsea are a mess of a team ?
I would guess that playing midfield for Chelsea is probably more difficult than for Liverpool as the latter are a more direct team and need hard running midfielders rather than more progressive players.

How good is this Endo? - seems to be the flavour of the month. Is he an improvement on Fabinho?

I do find the dippers who post about how wonderful Klopp was identifying this player to have very short memories as he desparately wanted Caicedo and Lavia but was rejected by both.

I would guess that playing midfield for Chelsea is probably more difficult than for Liverpool as the latter are a more direct team and need hard running midfielders rather than more progressive players.

How good is this Endo? - seems to be the flavour of the month. Is he an improvement on Fabinho?

I do find the dippers who post about how wonderful Klopp was identifying this player to have very short memories as he desparately wanted Caicedo and Lavia but was rejected by both.
We’ll find out as he’s off to the Asia Cup now.

And therefore this season they are our biggest challenge

But not the 2nd best team for the last 5 years, they weren’t even the 2nd best team last year.

2023 Arsenal
2022 Liverpool
2021 Rags

I’m not disputing they are a challenge this season but last 5 years would make them consistent & they aren’t.

Almost all TVs for the past 15 years plus turn themselves off after a period of inactivity. She's talking bollocks.
Mine doesnt , the sky box might but i have never found out , if i turn it off or standby on sky news then that is where it is when i turn the tv on next morning , i dont have a top of the range tv though

I've posted this on here before, but it's worth posting again
It was sent to me by a home and away sensible grown up Liverpool supporter following their title win and the fireworks fired at the Liver Building
The parade he refers to was following their CL win

I am sure those Liverpool fans aren’t the only bellends that follow clubs. But I have seen this sort of thing with LFC fans before. In Barcelona and Basel and at the parade last year. They think they can do whatever they want and won’t get punished and the Club need to call it out because it is getting out of hand and giving us a bad name and rightly so. I was in the seats above the pens at Hillsborough and saw what happened. I also had to get through the pissed up thousands outside with no tickets trying to force their way in. My take on Hillsborough is a bit different from the majority of Liverpool fans and not that popular. There was blame on all sides but the avoidance of accountability and the length of time to get to the truth is the shameful part and you have to respect the families and Dalglish for fighting to get justice. It was tragic and a tragedy. The new generation of fans need to respect the memory of the 96 and act accordingly rather than using it as an excuse to justify their perceived victim status which they wear as a badge. Rant over.
Good insight from a Liverpool fan.

I do have some sympathy for the Liverpool fans, who are just average law-abiding people, passionate about their football club - the same as supporters of all clubs throughout the country.

Unfortunately for them, the idiots that carry out all these hateful, and in many cases unlawful activities, appear to be a significant proportion of their fanbase. A greater proportion of Liverpool fans are in this idiot category than fans of every other club. It gives their fanbase in general a bad name, and the normal Liverpool fans unfortunately get lumped in with this.

There was an article just this week saying he's unbeaten when he's started in the Premier League. Given Liverpool have lost a grand total of 1 game in the league this season, that simply means he didn't start against Spurs. The same could be said for Jota, Nunez, Tsimikas, Elliot etc. When you consider that Liverpool have lost twice in the Europa League and Endo started both games, but was taken off at half time, it's a bit of a nonsense stat.

I've not seen enough live to make much of a judgement, but according to the stats sites (and yes, I know I've just said one stat is nonsense), Endo isn't playing as well as Caicedo. You'd expect players in better teams to score higher too, so, while certainly not the whole story, it does suggest he might be being hyped in typical "never fancied her anyway" style.

If we're lucky, that makes him the new Jordan Ibe.

Their full tilt attacking prowess is impressive, and they have depth in the forward areas. They replaced age with speed and strength. If Nunez finished half his chances they’d have blown out a few teams…NUFC, included!

Yes, like us, they can commit to attack a little too much, but (never forgetting they’re cheating cunts and perennial victims) they’ve found a way to win many a game in the last few minutes this season, while we’ve found away to drop points in the same way.

It should make for an interesting second half of the season. Once we are back on equal games, their Europa League-driven Sunday games should give us the edge in getting our noses ahead and them having to produce.

The League, the TV broadcasters, the neutrals…and the global betting syndicates ALL WANT A CONTESTED TITLE…and PGMOL are going to do their best to give it to them!!!

Prepare.

Get your point, but the thing about always scoring in the last few minutes is that, at some point, they won't and then they drop points. Remember Arsenal last year? Forever fluking last minute winners until they didn't and the inevitable City run reeled them in.

We, on the other hand, have been unlucky conceding last minute levellers and we are still just two points behind (I know). It will change, and our draws will become wins.

We have got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.