Liverpool Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are huge differences in dialect in the places you've decided to list. Granted - scouse, Geordie and Brummie accents are more stand out - but in an almost panto way.
Just so we know what we're dealing with - who has the "true scouse accent" that we may know of? Cilla? Paul O'Grady? Dean Sullivan? Billy Butler? Aldo?
Haha I will try to shed some light on the various scouse accents... the strongest accents are normally the put on ones from people claiming they are from Liverpool.. Carragher from Bootle.. O’Grady from Birkenhead over the water and Gerrard and Peter Reid who are Huyton and as much as they claim they will never be from Liverpool. Then you get your North Enders and South Enders.. Aldo is from Garston in the South same as Jimmy Case from Allerton.. Fowler South End from Toxteth.. Ringo also down the road in the Dingle.. posher parts like Menlove Ave and Woolton bred Lennon and McCArtney... the North Enders are MCManaman from Walton.. Rooney from Croxteth and Cilla Black from Scottie Road before she added that awful posh southern accent... even Ricky Tomlinson is not proper as he was born in Blackpool.

Haha I will try to shed some light on the various scouse accents... the strongest accents are normally the put on ones from people claiming they are from Liverpool.. Carragher from Bootle.. O’Grady from Birkenhead over the water and Gerrard and Peter Reid who are Huyton and as much as they claim they will never be from Liverpool. Then you get your North Enders and South Enders.. Aldo is from Garston in the South same as Jimmy Case from Allerton.. Fowler South End from Toxteth.. Ringo also down the road in the Dingle.. posher parts like Menlove Ave and Woolton bred Lennon and McCArtney... the North Enders are MCManaman from Walton.. Rooney from Croxteth and Cilla Black from Scottie Road before she added that awful posh southern accent... even Ricky Tomlinson is not proper as he was born in Blackpool.
Granted there are a few bellends in that list but trying to suggest that even a bellend would would want to be associated with being a dipper just shows how delude and self obsessed you lot are.

I think you started off well on BM but hey ho it was inevitable I suppose.

Wanker.

Scouse accent is rather unique not to everybody's taste mind you.. the manc accent is dreadful tho.. it typifies the grimm up north stereotype of whippets and black puddings... Yorkshire accent to.
Scouse accent is to England what the Boston accent is to the US. Nails on a chalkboard and the sound of either make me want to punch babies in the mouth

Scouse accent is to England what the Boston accent is to the US. Nails on a chalkboard and the sound of either make me want to punch babies in the mouth
E_vZZshXsAQRekv.jpg

What you're describing are different voices, not really different accents IMO.

I wish you'd go back to your earlier material, the stuff where you tell us about how our success will change the structure of our fanbase and how it's not like "the good old days" where you could chat to Degsy and Tin'ed about what was in last night's Echo. At least that stuff made me laugh, must be the famous scouse humor, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.