Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To assist in my own argument with a deluded scouser would anyone know further details, best estimate or a source for:

i) Milner's signing on fee - I've heard it might as been as high as £10 million. Seems on the high side that. Any ideas?
ii) Sterlings fee was 44+5mill add ons - its constantly reported as £49mill total as if the add-ons were guaranteed. Any ideas for the breakdown of the add-ons? The guy commentating on the Roma match (who was he? - he sounded well briefed) mentioned £1.5million was IF we win the Champions League and £1 million if we win the league. Not heard that anywhere else.

And no doubt there'll be no mention of how they ruined an English talent, who had been in great goalscoring form before his move, by leaving him on the bench and not giving him a chance.

Indeed, will probably be spun around saying "He was never a good fit with the system Rodgers wanted to play"

To assist in my own argument with a deluded scouser would anyone know further details, best estimate or a source for:

i) Milner's signing on fee - I've heard it might as been as high as £10 million. Seems on the high side that. Any ideas?
ii) Sterlings fee was 44+5mill add ons - its constantly reported as £49mill total as if the add-ons were guaranteed. Any ideas for the breakdown of the add-ons? The guy commentating on the Roma match (who was he? - he sounded well briefed) mentioned £1.5million was IF we win the Champions League and £1 million if we win the league. Not heard that anywhere else.
I believe part is based on appearances, with us paying £500k for every 50 appearances up to a maximum of £2m (which is 200 appearances).

The rest is based on what we win and I think it's £0.5m per PL title up to a maximum of £1.5m and a further £1.5m if we win the CL. That's all within 5 years I assume.

So for the extra £5m to kick in we would need to win 3 PL titles and the CL in the next five years,with Sterling making 200+ appearances in that time. I think I could stomach that.

In the meantime, Milner & Benteke will probably still be looking for their first Liverpool medals. But at least they'll have played in front of 90,000 Aussies.

Regarding ii) it is clearly wrong to say 49 million and I don't rate Sterling in the same sentence :-) If they don't rate him they should be expecting to get no more than 44 million, minus the QPR money.

I believe part is based on appearances, with us paying £500k for every 50 appearances up to a maximum of £2m (which is 200 appearances).

The rest is based on what we win and I think it's £0.5m per PL title up to a maximum of £1.5m and a further £1.5m if we win the CL. That's all within 5 years I assume.

So for the extra £5m to kick in we would need to win 3 PL titles and the CL in the next five years,with Sterling making 200+ appearances in that time. I think I could stomach that.

In the meantime, Milner & Benteke will probably still be looking for their first Liverpool medals. But at least they'll have played in front of 90,000 Aussies.

Perfect - thanks very much PB.

How do you know this or is it just you knowing people in the right places/contacts which I know is the case based on lots of other stuff you've posted?

Any thoughts about Milner and a realistic signing on fee?

With their squad now I think they should really be challenging for the top 4. Their squad is huge and filled with a lot of quality.

Now you come to mention it...

fatty-sized.jpg

article-2370103-14F27DA7000005DC-123_306x423.jpg

Ok I know which one is fatty arbuckle, but who is the lard arse in the top pic...

Perfect - thanks very much PB.

How do you know this or is it just you knowing people in the right places/contacts which I know is the case based on lots of other stuff you've posted?

Any thoughts about Milner and a realistic signing on fee?
The details of the add-ons were published somewhere about a week ago, much as I'd like to claim ITK status.

Re Milner, I don't know for sure but originally heard £10m.I suspect it's little more than half of that up front though, maybe £6m. Some might be loyalty based, neaning he'll have got that £10m if he sees his contract out.

With their squad now I think they should really be challenging for the top 4. Their squad is huge and filled with a lot of quality.
Their squad may be huge, but, seriously, is it "filled" with a lot of quality compared to other "top 4" teams.?

And don't forget that they can only have 11 on the pitch at any one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.