Liverpool thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st game of the season players are still in pre season mode,alot of teams this weekend have been sluggish from what i have watched this weekend.

Stoke are the most pyhsical team in the league by far,To play them away 1st game is going to be a struggle what with fitness and going against them where it's more about winning individual battles and matching them physically,we grafted and put a shift in and got the 3 points,might have been fair if it was a draw but it's less about performances and more about points.

I think we have upgraded from last season.

Clyne>Johnson
Milner>Gerrard
Benteke>Balotelli
Firmino>Sterling

And improved the bench with Origi Ings Gomez Bogdan who are upgrades on Lambert Jones Borini Enrique and according to financials we have spent just under £30 million net.

I agree with most of what you've said there, however there's a couple of issues.

Milner > Gerrard - In some aspects true, in others not. Milner will give you more energy, more workrate, and be a real engine for the side. He won't however be able to control the game, play accurate, telling passes etc. There's a reason he wasn't played in central midfield at City, and it's that he lacks the creative edge to his game to do so effectively. In fact, if you play Milner and Henderson together on a regular basis, which seems likely, you'll be lacking that cutting edge a great deal. Coutinho will be even more vital this season as, without him, you look bereft of creative talent.

Firmino>Sterling - This just smacks of bitterness. Sterling is an excellent player, with his best years still ahead of him. Firmino is someone who, if most were being honest, they know little about. He's likely to be a decent player, he's got caps for Brazil, he scored goals In Germany, and for the best part of £30m you'd damn well hope he's be a good player. However your assessment that he's better than Sterling, given he's played about 15 minutes of Premier League football, is laughably naïve. Come back in 18 months time and then see where he's at.

I agree with most of what you've said there, however there's a couple of issues.

Milner > Gerrard - In some aspects true, in others not. Milner will give you more energy, more workrate, and be a real engine for the side. He won't however be able to control the game, play accurate, telling passes etc. There's a reason he wasn't played in central midfield at City, and it's that he lacks the creative edge to his game to do so effectively. In fact, if you play Milner and Henderson together on a regular basis, which seems likely, you'll be lacking that cutting edge a great deal. Coutinho will be even more vital this season as, without him, you look bereft of creative talent.

Firmino>Sterling - This just smacks of bitterness. Sterling is an excellent player, with his best years still ahead of him. Firmino is someone who, if most were being honest, they know little about. He's likely to be a decent player, he's got caps for Brazil, he scored goals In Germany, and for the best part of £30m you'd damn well hope he's be a good player. However your assessment that he's better than Sterling, given he's played about 15 minutes of Premier League football, is laughably naïve. Come back in 18 months time and then see where he's at.

Remember Jo?

1st game of the season players are still in pre season mode,alot of teams this weekend have been sluggish from what i have watched this weekend.

Stoke are the most pyhsical team in the league by far,To play them away 1st game is going to be a struggle what with fitness and going against them where it's more about winning individual battles and matching them physically,we grafted and put a shift in and got the 3 points,might have been fair if it was a draw but it's less about performances and more about points.

Clyne>Johnson
Milner>Gerrard
Benteke>Balotelli
Firmino>Sterling

And improved the bench with Origi Ings Gomez Bogdan who are upgrades on Lambert Jones Borini Enrique and according to financials we have spent just under £30 million net.

Fair and I agree about the upgrade but you being a typical fan, now a player has gone you being bias in favour of your new signing fair enough and I rate him but Sterling is premier proven.

Firmino better than Sterling? oh dear lol

On another note, Jordan 'better than sterling' Ibe did so well yesterday that when substituted Sky showed his match highlights which consisted of him falling to the floor after being poked in the eye.

I'll admit I do feel a little sorry for the lad in that through no fault of his own he has now been put under immense pressure by having to prove that he is much better than Sterling. For every goal/assist/England cap Sterling gets poor Jordan Ibe has to get two just so Liverpool fans can act like winners in this whole saga.

Firmino better than Sterling? oh dear lol

On another note, Jordan 'better than sterling' Ibe did so well yesterday that when substituted Sky showed his match highlights which consisted of him falling to the floor after being poked in the eye.

I'll admit I do feel a little sorry for the lad in that through no fault of his own he has now been put under immense pressure by having to prove that he is much better than Sterling. For every goal/assist/England cap Sterling gets poor Jordan Ibe has to get two just so Liverpool fans can act like winners in this whole saga.

I agree with the Ibe - Sterling.

Why can't Ibe just be Ibe and develop at his own pace? He is NOT Sterling, and this "next-big-thing" doesn't help.

Clyne>Johnson
Milner>Gerrard
Benteke>Balotelli
Firmino>Sterling

LOL You're fucking insane.

I'm starting to think for Rodgers outstanding actually means "ok". Maybe when he uses words like brilliant, amazing, or impeccable, that'll be when he really means outstanding, because 4 outstanding for this outing I don't get.

As far as the result, I just wanted 3 points, we just need points in the bag early. We don't look like world beaters but then only West Ham really looked top notch so far, but we weren't' the disaster of last season. Baby steps and all.

As far as Firmino vs. Sterling, at this point it's an even trade, suits both teams. You got the biggest English young talent in the game (although just like we're being correctly accused of hypocritically saying he isn't good, I feel many of you didn't rate Sterling like you now do when he was with us). Meanwhile, we get one of the more promising attackers in the Bundesliga who starts for Brazil. It's a wash--it's actually possible that BOTH of them will turn out to be studs, it's not that just because Sterling becomes a world beater that automatically Firmino is shit. Not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.